clothing protection

Stefano

I've noticed that clothes have protection stats about scratching and biting and if I find new clothes with higher stats they are shown in green. The problem is that these clothes maybe are worn out or broken so they guarantee me less protection than the previous ones (like the firefighter clothes vs a normal coat). Maybe there could be added a number/total-number of the protection stats (e.g. 10/100 instead of only the theoretical number as it is now) to show the real condition vs the theoretical, cause only watching the "condition" bar is relatively to the kind of clothes and it's complicated to confront each other.

If you select "inspect" while clicking on an item of clothing I think it shows you  the sub values location by location.        Unless you're saying that even those displayed sub values don't show wear modifiers,  which I'm not sure about.

EDIT:  If I remember correctly the wear means a specific location on the item of clothing is missing or damaged and inspect will show you that.   You can sew something back in.

12 hours ago, feral_donkey said:

If you select "inspect" while clicking on an item of clothing I think it shows you  the sub values location by location.        Unless you're saying that even those displayed sub values don't show wear modifiers,  which I'm not sure about.

EDIT:  If I remember correctly the wear means a specific location on the item of clothing is missing or damaged and inspect will show you that.   You can sew something back in.

Yes I know, I was only trying to imagine a faster interface to confront the protection stats modifiers relatively to my current status, cause e.g. yesterday I wore a nice firefighters jacket just to see few minutes later a zombie biting me in the stomach due to a hole, previously I wore a normal jacket, less protective but without holes.

3 hours ago, Stefano said:

Just got bitten on a green protection arm....so unfair :(

I gotta agree with this one, how does a bite scratch through a 4 layered clothing? I mean you can already think of it, if it was realistic and you try it out for yourself, the first layer wont even get scratched or even get a hole in it from biting it. I think clothing should get buffed by 50% since the values of protection are a bit unrealistic and nerfed.

3 hours ago, Pandorea said:

I know it - probably - is too late but did all the layers on that arm get a hole in them if you chack each item of clothing by itself?

Already dead, the only thing I remember is that the arm was green before the attack and turned orange after.

4 hours ago, Pandorea said:

I know it - probably - is too late but did all the layers on that arm get a hole in them if you chack each item of clothing by itself?

From experience, if you're wearing:

Leather Coat,

Denim Shirt
Tank top

and for whatever reason you are unlucky enough to get a torso bite because this seems to happen to me pretty often, only the top layer will get a hole in it. Every other layer is untouched lol.

Just level up Tailoring up to 4 or more for even better defence then just get these armor set:

Leather Jacket

Police Bullet Vest(Freaking gives you pog body armor)

Denim Shirt

Overalls(the farmer outfit)

Long Johns

Neck Sweater

Tank Top

Long Sleeve T shirt

Biking Helmet(For head and Neck 100%)

Tailor all of those up and all the protection in your protection tab will be green, LOL I raided the south east residential area on rosewood and got grabbed by 2 zombies on my back, took them like 7 animation grabs to finally scratch me lmaooooooo

Archived