Build 41 crashes when I start a run?

KatsuCammi

Question

This isn't a new problem for me, but I never got around to asking for help aside from reading other peoples similar problems. I can get the game to launch into the title screen, and it will let me make my character but as soon as I try to start the run and the screen turns to black, it crashes. Sometimes it crashes before that, but I can never get it to go past that point. I never had a problem with the previous version, it's just build 41. I've tried setting textures 2x to false, i've turned every setting to low, turned off zoom and disabled any mods. My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz, I have 8 RAM with 7.9 RAM free and  a 64 bit operating system.

1 answer to this question

Based on your processor you likely have the "Intel® HD Graphics 2500" GPU. Which is a pretty low-powered card to be able to run 41 without a problem. The cause it is crashing is most likely from there. Since this is a hardware issue I can only really recommend 3 things:

1. Make sure your drivers are up to date from the official website

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81501/Intel-HD-Graphics-2500

2. Run the game in 32 bit mode by going to your game folder

Steam Library > Rightclick ProjectZomboid > Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files

And running the "ProjectZomboid32.bat"

3. Lower any settings in the options, lower the puddle quality, turn texture compression on, lower resolution...

Archived