Share your safehouse!

goodfellas2

I just stumbled across the area just southeast of where you are ^ last night. Had no idea that they recently fenced it in. I think it may be my next big fortress project. It's got a lot of potential. Only two exits, and both of which are pretty narrow, and it's otherwise completely surrounded by unbreakable walls, and you can attack through those chainlink fences. I like that it's right in the middle of town too. Once we can build vertically again you'd have a hell of a vantage point of town from there.

I just stumbled across the area just southeast of where you are ^ last night. Had no idea that they recently fenced it in. I think it may be my next big fortress project. It's got a lot of potential. Only two exits, and both of which are pretty narrow, and it's otherwise completely surrounded by unbreakable walls, and you can attack through those chainlink fences. I like that it's right in the middle of town too. Once we can build vertically again you'd have a hell of a vantage point of town from there.

Long term I wouldn't count on existing wooden/chain link fencing of any kind being unbreakable.  It's just not realistic and I can see that changing at some point :)

My saw broke last night otherwise I would have finished the fencing. I started extending the fence so that the entrance to the warehouses is also included in my area. 

There is not a lot of farmland in there and the zombies will be able to see you as well. 

My Current game, 10 months in, 5 safehouses,

1st Safehouse:  West Point:

li8xTC7.png

Safehouse 2: on the hunt for a trowel... between West Point and Muldragh

EtHrQmq.jpg

47I8Ps2.jpg

Safehouse 3: trowel found! Muldragh safehouse, 5 months

AlPkU2i.png

Safehouse 4: Back in West Point

Gv08LCf.png

Safehouse 5: West Point:

dDzGKxs.png

currently at 10 months. They're coming...

hhUfEpf.jpg

I'm so stoked to have second story construction back. I'm going to be posting the fortress I've been waiting to finish since the initial West Point release in a little bit here. As soon as it's done, which won't be too too long. By the time it's done it's going to be by far the most wood I've ever used for a fortress. I practically cleared an entire forest. So excited.

I'm so stoked to have second story construction back. I'm going to be posting the fortress I've been waiting to finish since the initial West Point release in a little bit here. As soon as it's done, which won't be too too long. By the time it's done it's going to be by far the most wood I've ever used for a fortress. I practically cleared an entire forest. So excited.

Oh wow I just played Build 23 and completely forgot about this!! Ran from WP to Muldraugh to drop off screws and then ran back to WP to save my game so I could play tomorrow... Now I'm going to have to run all the way back after hearing this. I'm excited to finally finish my safe house too! ^_^

Here it is. Pretty much finished. I'm going to split the pictures into floors. Here's the first floor:

7Iu2oYG.jpg

Second Floor:

i0GopcU.jpg

Third Floor:

NoOS8sh.jpg

Third floor still needs a little work. I plan on adding a few more water collectors up there, but I have to go find more garbage bags before I can, and I'm thinking about moving my farm up there too at some point. I'm sleeping in a tent inside the room on the second floor platform right now too. I'm also thinking about adding a sheet rope that drops from inside that room into the area within the walls below it, but haven't done it yet.

I've got like 5 others that've been waiting on deck for their upper floors to be added too, that I'm going to get to work on now too. Just been waiting for second story construction to be reimplemented. So happy it's back. 

I figured out a good way to close off those corners of your constructed walls that are occasionally left with little opened spots between them where things can squeeze through too. Throw a wooden pillar right into the space in the corner, and it fills the spot to make it impassable, and just looks like part of the wall.

I figured out a good way to close off those corners of your constructed walls that are occasionally left with little opened spots between them where things can squeeze through too. Throw a wooden pillar right into the space in the corner, and it fills the spot to make it impassable, and just looks like part of the wall.

I always thought that's what they were intended for haha.

I've always just used em as raised platform supports. I'm thinking about making my next fortress entirely on stilts with them. Maybe choose a 2 story house that's a little out of the way, board everything up, then make a bridge out of one of the second floor windows that goes a fair distance as the only entrance into the stilt fortress.

Here's my main safehouse as it stands so far. I don't have the beta 'Iwillbackupmysave' branch running so I don't have the second story fix.  When I do, I plan for some improvements - the corner towers you see so far are just the base level and I plan to build second stories that I can shoot from and perhaps third stories for fun; also the two exterior entrances will be fortified and 'sheet rope access only' rather than doors.

post-6488-0-69246500-1391999455_thumb.jp

I'm giving this place a shot in my current game, like I'd talked about: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4850229748430355,0.2152291260236434,114.47545997288273

So far I'm absolutely loving it. It's a little rough early on, between not having any kind of kitchen at all, and having the heaviest zed traffic of any safe house location I've ever chosen, but once you get on your feet, get a good leg up on the undead neighbors, and level your carpentry to level 3 or 4, it really starts taking shape and has all kinds of cool potential. It's a really fun space to work with. Highly recommend giving it a shot. Just have to really watch out for the zeds and meta-game events. My first two weeks there I killed over 300 zeds solely within sight of my fences. They love wandering in while you're sleeping at night. Getting walls up early is pretty important. In fact if I were going to do it again I might throw up crappy level 1 walls just to have the piece of mind that I'm safe at night, then rip them down and build better ones once my carpentry level got more respectable.

It absolutely is. The only problem with that approach is that guns can't be fired across height levels. At least not yet. So if say you were living on a raised platform that was entirely cut off from the ground, and a horde came through, discovered you there, and stuck around trying to get you, you'd kinda just be stuck there unable to fight back.