Share your safehouse!

goodfellas2

This is a post where you can share your safehouse I just started a new game and am 10 days in holding up the cortman medical, I am about to go get an axe and start really fortyfiying it. post a picture of you base or show where its at using the pz map like I am.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5048980087133115,0.21854356234800767,115.97392896154051

cortman medical.

If other people could use the same method as me and show where your base Is that would be nice cus I kinda wanna find a better spot.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.4483615612407534,0.22614769334761267,95.39621664406894

This is the restaurant I've settled into. It was zombie-free for over 1 month, but lately it's been getting worse. Luckily I had 1 month to fortify it.

ps: Beware of Cortman Medical! From everything I've read on these boards, plus my own personal experience, that place is a zombie-horde nightmare after a few weeks. Unless that's your thing!

This is my most current fortress. As complete as it's going to be until stairs start working again, at which point I plan to build a more secure sleep structure/look out tower on the roof.

PZCampFortress_zps88bb82aa.jpg

You can't see it super well in the picture but my farms on the lawn within the lower left walled in area, and I have double barbed wire fences at the end of my entrance bottleneck now. I'm working on including some sandbags there too once I've found enough of them.

I don't understand the fixation with living at Cortman. Despite the fact that zombies just flock there, just considering general zombie lore going to a hospital or medical center is like moving into a cemetery. It's just a bad place to be when zombies are around.

This is my most current fortress. As complete as it's going to be until stairs start working again, at which point I plan to build a more secure sleep structure/look out tower on the roof.

PZCampFortress_zps88bb82aa.jpg

You can't see it super well in the picture but my farms on the lawn within the lower left walled in area, and I have double barbed wire fences at the end of my entrance bottleneck now. I'm working on including some sandbags there too once I've found enough of them.

I don't understand the fixation with living at Cortman. Despite the fact that zombies just flock there, just considering general zombie lore going to a hospital or medical center is like moving into a cemetery. It's just a bad place to be when zombies are around.

I have yet to find any barbed wire to construct the barbed wire fence. Where have you been able to find it? I'm also curious how it works, does it slow down the zombies, or also hurt them?

It seems to be pretty rare. I found a couple spools in one of the opened trailers in the big parking lot in Dixie, then found the rest in the large warehouse and logging corp in Muldraugh. To be honest I don't think it functions any differently than the regular wood fences. It just looks a lot cooler. They'll run into it for a few seconds, then have to stop to hop over it. So yes, it does slow them down some, which is why I built two levels of it right next to each other. Figure that'll slow them down enough that I can have time to do things like reload between shotgun blasts if I need to. I know at one point it had the potential to scratch players as we hopped over them. Not sure if it does still since it was reimplemented or not. I've been hopping over it twice every time I go into and out of my safe house for the last week or so and I haven't gotten scratched yet, so I'm really not sure. If it does still have the potential to hurt the player character, I'd assume that it could potentially hurt zombies too. We'd have to get that verified by a dev to be sure though.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost 5 months in running out of places to loot. over 9 crates packed full of food

and nothing to do but farm :(

Location: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7999175418630105,0.14470139157357814,149.08235294117668

tbgk.png

To make pics in spoilers.

[ Spoiler ]

Picture code here

[ /Spoiler ]

how did you get the crates to stack on top of each other? when I try that they get placed everywhere but on top of another crate... even on the tile where iam standing

you know what that mean, :)   reset everything when the next patch come so  you can start over with a real challenge :)

i deleted mine because of that, feel kinda like cheathing having 3 month to prefer for the invasion

I cant wait i for the update. i will throw him and start over in a heart beat. The next patch with the zombie changes sounds like the game will be a challenge again. So excited.  I tried to give the save away once alrdy so i could start over because i want to hear the end to his story but none took me up on the offer. So i went Rambo killed every zombie in Westpoint and didn't die so now im trying to max all his skills out untell next patch.

Almost 5 months in running out of places to loot. over 9 crates packed full of food

Location: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7999175418630105,0.14470139157357814,149.08235294117668

tbgk.png

[ Spoiler ]

Picture code here

[ /Spoiler ]

how did you get the crates to stack on top of each other? when I try that they get placed everywhere but on top of another crate... even on the tile where iam standing

You hit r :) that makes them go up one level its hard to explain just don't move your mouse

you know what that mean, :)   reset everything when the next patch come so  you can start over with a real challenge :)

i deleted mine because of that, feel kinda like cheathing having 3 month to prefer for the invasion

I cant wait i for the update. i will throw him and start over in a heart beat. The next patch with the zombie changes sounds like the game will be a challenge again. So excited.  I tried to give the save away once alrdy so i could start over because i want to hear the end to his story but none took me up on the offer. So i went Rambo killed every zombie in Westpoint and didn't die so now im trying to max all his skills out untell next patch.

tbgk.png

[ Spoiler ]

Picture code here

[ /Spoiler ]

You hit r :) that makes them go up one level its hard to explain just don't move your mouse

nono you don't understand, I put them onto the top of another crate and while building it "sits" where I want it but just when fully built it gets teleported to somewhere else on the floor

• 1 month later...

For me i have taken over the centre of west point town.

Connecting walls from building to building securing windows and doors then adding small walls around each door and window location.

Using the first floor appartments as my base of operations and dont have to barricade the windows as zombies dont fly...

Only need blankets..

Knocking out the walls and furniture to open the space. Leaving the fridges for storage.

Will wall off the garden behind the govenment town hall buildings for my farm.

Then build a stack of crates around the walls for storage.

The hardest part is building to building bridges