Share your safehouse!

goodfellas2

That is our safe house, built by the members of the facebook:
Project Zomboid in Spanish.
I built a coliseum to fight and hide labyrinth  (clyde)

10575151_844256212288455_233338514052548

Here a new extension of the base sample, we were talking to an administrator at the time.
A salute to the Administrator Hobbes sign Spiffo :D  (clyde)

885667_844258698954873_73484472067518728

Meanwhile my cheap base which never gets completed despite having 7 boxes of nails because I fall down once a month and get fractures all the time.

attachicon.gif2015-07-19_00004.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-07-21_00001.jpg

ahaa, apropriate place for an axe to live. how much is your carpenty skill?

10 now. :) I don't have screenshots but I just reached December in-game. I keep waiting for my farm to die and my measly 20 canned goods to run out so I'll be forced to loot town again in desperation.

That is our safe house, built by the members of the facebook:
Project Zomboid in Spanish.
I built a coliseum to fight and hide labyrinth  (clyde)

10575151_844256212288455_233338514052548

Here a new extension of the base sample, we were talking to an administrator at the time.
A salute to the Administrator Hobbes sign Spiffo :D  (clyde)

885667_844258698954873_73484472067518728

Where do you get all those freakin nails?

• 3 weeks later...

Why all the crates?

Two ways I used the crates:

As Walls - I build a normal wall, and then a stack of 3 crates in front of it.  A zombie trying to travel through a tile first has to break all three crates and then the wall to get through.  Think of it as a 4x wall but only taking up one tile.  If I could double side the stack with walls I would - (wall)(3crates)(wall) - but it will normally only let you build a wall on one side of the stack.  I choose to build the wall on the inside of the stack so that the zombies hit the crates first.

As a crate pattern - zombies LIKE to beat on destructible items.  A destructible item is anything a player builds as well as the 'native' doors and windows.  A horde of zombies approaching my defenses will break up as it tries to pass through the crate pattern and 99.9% of the time they will stop to beat on those crates instead of making it to the wall.  This gives me time to kill them before they hit the actual wall.  It's also useful if I am being chased; I run through the pattern and lose all the zombies chasing me.  I've found that it's best if the lines of crates are offset as you approach in the direction of the wall; sometimes the zombies will travel freely if they can move in a straight line without bumping into a crate, but if they are offset so that the zombie has to path around them, they almost always stop at the crate to attack it.

Here's my latest creation.  Everything was built in vanilla PZ (no mods or admin tools):

I guess I'm not the only one that likes building there. 

How do you manage to stack the crates like that? every time I try, the game puts them in the tile behind it 

Here's my latest creation.  Everything was built in vanilla PZ (no mods or admin tools):

I guess I'm not the only one that likes building there. 

How do you manage to stack the crates like that? every time I try, the game puts them in the tile behind it 

Try pressing "r" when placing them.

This is my 3rd play and my longest surviving character and is still alive. the last two i died because of carelessness. the 1st one i got bitten the second one i went into a room without checking. i when into a bathroom window and then when i open the bathroom door zombies pour in swarming me, i tried to escape to the window i entered but zombies started to pour in it as well. 

This is my current safe house it was hard to set up i had to make a temporary base for a week at the large warehouse south east of giga mart i wasted nails boarding up windows and wasted time reading carpentry books  so i could get my carpentry to max

after having my carpentry maxed sledge hammers was the next goal

sledge hammers are very hard to find, especially if the setting for weapons are rare or common.

it is crucial that you have the trait "lucky" if you want to be finding sledgehammers and axes. 

i had to walk to the warehouse at north east of the town to find one...

zombies do come and swarm the parking lot sometimes but i don't engage they do move into town again some that stays behind i kill. majority of the zombies are in the suburban areas and commercial area of the town so i'm worry free 

post-24714-0-57050000-1440831425_thumb.p

post-24714-0-30877600-1440831488_thumb.p

post-24714-0-52988200-1440832202_thumb.p

This is my 3rd play and my longest surviving character and is still alive. the last two i died because of carelessness. the 1st one i got bitten the second one i went into a room without checking. i when into a bathroom window and then when i open the bathroom door zombies pour in swarming me, i tried to escape to the window i entered but zombies started to pour in it as well. 

This is my current safe house it was hard to set up i had to make a temporary base for a week at the large warehouse south east of giga mart i wasted nails boarding up windows and wasted time reading carpentry books  so i could get my carpentry to max

after having my carpentry maxed sledge hammers was the next goal

sledge hammers are very hard to find, especially if the setting for weapons are rare or common.

it is crucial that you have the trait "lucky" if you want to be finding sledgehammers and axes. 

i had to walk to the warehouse at north east of the town to find one...

zombies do come and swarm the parking lot sometimes but i don't engage they do move into town again some that stays behind i kill. majority of the zombies are in the suburban areas and commercial area of the town so i'm worry free 

Nice! Wow, you sure did get injured a lot (fedora) . Never thought of making a base there, maybe I'll try it one day.