Share your safehouse!

goodfellas2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest safehouse.  Not as impressive as some, but considering that I've only raided my starting house, the farmhouse, and the Lumber Mill for supplies, I think I did pretty well.  The only issue I have is that bottom corner.  I want to put a sheet rope leading to the outside like on the other corners, but I'm having a lot of trouble placing it (I tried forever, and when I finally got one to place it was on the inside fence instead).  Any tips?

post-7324-0-52127300-1393386137_thumb.jp

I may add more deco to the outside later, but for now since I can't get rid of the tall grass it's not really worth it.

Here's the map location:
http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5078061359437258,0.12768992646943203,91.39774561876253

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the latest update on my safehouse/fortress.  I'd really like to do a few more things but I'm running low on nails again (having already used several thousand).

You can see where this is located (and a good 'before' picture) at http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5724919623804372,0.18156724255390497,64.25454752610602 (courtesy of the Project Zomboid Map Project page, credit to 'blindcoder').

post-6488-0-93933900-1395347612_thumb.jp

post-6488-0-62694400-1395347653_thumb.jp

Here's the latest update on my safehouse/fortress.  I'd really like to do a few more things but I'm running low on nails again (having already used several thousand).

You can see where this is located (and a good 'before' picture) at http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5724919623804372,0.18156724255390497,64.25454752610602 (courtesy of the Project Zomboid Map Project page, credit to 'blindcoder').

That's a pretty outstanding fortress there. I've just started a new MP world and we've barely got sheets up over the windows on that place so far. Hopefully we'll find nails and an axe to start bulking it up (maybe not to that scale).

Yeah, nails...that's my main problem.  This pic is from single player and I've completely scoured all of Muldraugh and the Dixie Trailer Park as well as the hardware store (and the nearby warehouse) in West Point.

In MP I can see that nails will be a hot commodity, at least until they either introduce a way to craft them or until there is some other agreed upon way to introduce new nails into the resource 'economy'. 

• 4 months later...

Wow yall are really serious about your bases. Mine are usually just a house with the stairs knocked out and a walled back yard. I'm seeing talk about 2-3 story bases and I'm in awe at this. 

My sentiments exactly. I've only just been able to start boarding up some of my windows to my little abode (finding myself having trouble creating sheet ropes out of second storey buildings, but that's another storey... errr, story). So I'm opening up this thread to see what people have done to fort up their houses, and... holy heck there's some serious urban development happening around the place. Think I need to join up on some multi servers to see if I can get some tips from the PZ veterans... as long as they don't shoot me in the face with a fistfull of buckshot for being a clueless norbert :P

Am wondering if there's a way to find your coordinates that can be used in conjunction with the map projects that are in progress? Would help me immensely with my tracking down potential sources of materials.

Was also wondering if the whole Park Ranger orienteering bonus helps out in that kind of fashion; should experiment with that with my next character... and we KNOW there'll be a next character after I fall out my next window and my shinbones turn into shattered goop from the impact  ;)