the spear op and the other weapons

aquelarrefox

spears are still op after the las nerf, they could be done very easy even with too muc restriction in the serch of materials (with the sharp stone), but the balance could be easy, just reduce the critical chance by 6 or 8 times of the crafted spear, not the composed spears (like knife) to make them more relevant, and make they from leather strips.

i tryed the mod sandox+ mod with the multihits option and should be reenable, stabing with the models dont works, but blunt objects become incredible, thery get into better tan spear, but you get tired faster...

this 2 things could compensate alll the weapon balance very well.

The nail pistol mod its other very interesting feature to add, quiet but not powerfull.

I agree a bit, but it does balances out because when you do a crit you are rooted which most of the time like when your not moving and you attack a zombie at the perfect distance you have like a 75% chance of critting which is already op, but the root part is what makes it bad. Second is as always the durability is bad, especially now crits reduce the durability more so I think just lowering the crit chance is good.

Spears are alright now. They are still fairly strong with a skilled character, but break quickly. Which means that now you use up chipped stones rather fast. I don't think they should be nerfed any more. If something were to be changed, I would (slightly) dial down the damage and (slightly) dial up the durability.

Using leather, denim or cloth instead of duct tape for composite spears is also a good idea. And would make sense because who uses duct tape to build durable weapons?

Edited by Zork

Spears were a staple weapon of warfare for a good reason.

The distinction between spears and other weapons is the effort of scavenging and making them. Early on when spears are the most useful they are also deceptively expensive when you consider the time to scavenge and make and the exhaustion caused by foraging. These are key considerations in the early game when the player needs to explore as much as they can before the Zed population gets too large. Spears are also heavy, another important consideration when in the midst of scavenging, you gotta hope you have a good backpack..

Later in the game spears are a nice go to, but at this point if the player wanted they could just light a fire and kite the zombies into burning themselves to cinders. Spears being powerful is appropriate for the population the player is dealing with.

The only time I have spears in the early game is when I have a knife, I'm short on weapons and I find a plank or two. On a side note, the mod that lets you use twine or leather strips for adding spear heads is nice. Pair it with Primitive survival for craftable twine and you're in pretty good shape.

Now if we want to talk OP, try out any of the crossbow mods. Those things change the game for sure.

Edited by BentNose