Toggle weapon safety, eliminate accidental horde magnetism.

tomga1

8 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay!
    • Nay!
    • I have a better idea! (there's a comment section for that)

So basically, we've all had that one time where we've been out scavving with a loaded shotgun and we clicked on a context menu believing that this could only result in picking up a bag of sugar on your quest for tea (in memory of Connall http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3227-whats-your-best-nooooooooooooooooo-moment-in-pz/), but all you did was fire off the loudest most unexpected shotgun blast ever. Not only did you not get your much needed sugar, you now have about 200 zombies shambling as fast as their little decaying legs will shamble and you have one less round in your beloved shotty.

That sucks, implementing a manually toggled "safe mode" would make this a thing of the past, and though you may argue that this would be clunky you gotta admit, hitting a button to make sure you don't fire off a round into a wall is better than the UI bugging and you getting mauled to death.

Your 2 cents is welcome. And yes I know this has probably been suggested just like every single other suggestion on this subforum.

The real question is why are you walking around with a loaded shotgun in your primary slot? ;)

I haven't experienced that, but if it's a legitimate glitch I'm sure it'll get worked out at some point. The closest thing I've had to that is when my baseball bat suddenly breaks during mid combat with 1-2 zombies, and my character immediately switches to the backup weapon (which is usually a firearm) and immediately fires off a shot. Suddenly the 2 zombie affair becomes a 200 zombie affair.

I feel like once the glitch is worked out, the safety concept would actually get more people killed when they fail/forget to toggle it in the heat of the moment.