XP Gain From Chopping Trees and Destroying Carpentry

The EVIL Twin

One of the things I've noticed with my game style, is that I really like to get good at carpentry. Whenever I start a game I go straight to the Warehouse in Muldraugh, barricade the doors and windows, and grab an axe. I scavenge for food occasionally, killing zombies along the way, but not really getting terribly good at Blunt or Blade. But I primarily go across the road, and start swinging away at the trees, making planks and making fences to keep the baddies out. Then I make a crate to store things in. But I've always thought, swinging that axe so many times, and breaking the fences with a sledgehammer would benefit my ability to use them, or other things like them, as the character becomes more proficient with the object.

So, my suggestion is to add the standard experience for completely chopping down a tree as one would get from killing a zombie to the blade skill. And for destroying carpentry, the player would get the standard experience put into blunt as killing a zombie would.

Or maybe add a woodsman skill.

My next suggestion is that destroying certain carpentry items such as crates (I know there's  lot of them) would give back some of the materials used to make them. in a way that they have items hidden to the player in their inventory, which are dropped upon destruction. This could lead to the requirement of more materials for construction, or the individual plank, rather than planks.

• 3 weeks later...

You already gain strength when you chop trees or destroy stuff :)

For the furnitures giving material, I need to do some things with it, but it may take some times to do.

WOOT! Sounds good, the large warehouse is even more OP!  :D