Placing Buildings into the already vanilla map

Usidore the Wizard

I really enjoy the building editor, but I really want to test these buildings quickly and see if they are working as intended. I was hopping to find the .pzw file for the vanilla map, so I could place my buildings straight on there, rather than trying to create some half formed tile map and tacking it on the Vanilla map.

From my searches,  came across this guide. 

The One Stop TileZed Mapping Shop - Tutorials & Resources - The Indie Stone Forums

Which followed up with this guide.

Mapping Guide_v0.2.pdf (dropbox.com)

The second source (the dropbox), mentions on page 38, of something called the "raw map". Something that I was hoping would be a .pzw file, that I could then open up in world edit, and slap my custom made buildings right in, download it as a separate mod, and give it a go in singleplayer for the latest Beta version. However, when I headed to Steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid .... I couldn't find anything that held this "raw map" file. I tried looking in Steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/maps to find anything I could open in world edit, and could get anything to work at all.

I just am stumped, and I apologize if it is an obvious solution, as I am brand new to modding.

Thanks for your time.

Usidore the Wizard

Edited by Usidore the Wizard

• 3 weeks later...