Tier 4 Xmas

nasKo

tier-4-xmas.jpg

Alright, listen up guys. ‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring — except for the four zeds coming in the rear in standard one-by-one shambling formation.

And, this year, on an internal test server for Build 41 MP to boot…

There’s not a huge dev blog today, what with it being Christmas tomorrow, BUT we thought we’d share a few comments from the testers who’ve been on our internal server in this past week.

(PLEASE NOTE THESE COMMENTS WERE MADE IN-BETWEEN BUG REPORTS, THERE IS STILL A FAIR AMOUNT OF WORK TO DO!)

• Keep in mind I had around 320 ping when I joined, and I can still play the game somehow, so this is amazing.
  • I played MP yesterday and today and the experience is damn good.
  • Fighting zeds is just like SP (except the occasional bugs). Driving is also really nice, almost as good as SP. Both of these things are so much better than B40.
  • This feels unreal smooth compared to 40 overall. T’is beautiful lol. Like really smooth feeling.
  • 10/10 to be honest, smoothest login and connection I can recall?
  • It seemed like I had zero issue to join the server and felt no lag.

So yeah: feels like we’re well on our way to stuffing something special down your chimneys.

Examples of the sorts of bugs we’re looking at currently:

• Zombies repeatedly dying on the spot
  • Crawlers weirdly snapping up/down when changing from client to server control, and the reverse.
  • Zombies walking inside players during combat
  • Zombies repeatedly climbing through windows
  • Player clothing not being properly saved

There’s lots of other stuff too, but as you can probably tell the foundations are in, playable and working well. Yuri and Andrei have also put in a bunch of stat-tracking and graph-creating functions into debug so we can analyse more and more stuff once we have more players online.

Oh, and we also released patch 41.49 into the IWBUMS Public Beta on Tuesday. Changelist here. (Worms no longer work in traps, we’re afraid, we’ll have to fix that in the New Year.)

Have good times over the holidays to all those celebrating!

xmas.jpg

This week’s Chrimble scene from Melnikxv. A changelist of all IWBUMS patches since the 41 beta was released can be found here. A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here – so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send you update notifications once builds get released. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too!

"Zombie noises coming from the GoG back window of the safe house"

Arrrg. Been here since Monday "21s" waiting for 41.49 being release. Arrg.

"Zombie noises and the bashing up agents the window"

GoG being the 2th class (only other way to experience PZ) 

"Zombie noises"

I had loved to support a version of the game being sold directly by Indie Stone.

"Looking at Steam store with my 90s flip phone"

"Arrg"

Rather buy a expensive Spiffo then give Valve or GoG more money.

"planks being put up on the window"

Ow.. Balls.

It would be enough to at least get a mention of it being pushed to GoG here on the forum. Having to boot up GoG client just to check every day. And I'm not a fan of the client to being with. If not for PZ I would not use it. Worms bug with a hunting trap is worth a mention but not GoG :c  I rather have a stand alone way to get the game to being with. But jeez Steam is not end all of PC gaming. 

Happy Christmas! At least we can be sure our windows stay intact. For now.

Edited by Turbo50
Microsoft Windows Joke He he!

Everything comes at a cost. GoG got it's advantages, but for as long as i can think of, it has always took it's time when it comes to patches. I dunno if thats because GoGs verification process is taking so long or maybe it's the patch distribution with their system, who knows.

While it's not great, I wouldn't go full double post about it. If that is your biggest gripe, come to steam. 

1 hour ago, Turbo50 said:

It would be enough to at least get a mention of it being pushed to GoG here on the forum. Having to boot up GoG client just to check every day. And I'm not a fan of the client to being with. If not for PZ I would not use it. Worms bug with a hunting trap is worth a mention but not GoG :c  I rather have a stand alone way to get the game to being with. But jeez Steam is not end all of PC gaming. 

GoG is such a small part of the game’s player base compared to Steam that it might as well be, unfortunately. It’s not a dig at GoG (by far my favourite platform for games), but it is the reality for pz.

Updates are manual, which also complicates it compared to the automatic system on Steam. Will double check.

edit: it’s updated.

3 hours ago, Turbo50 said:

Can do in the future.