Lag when hitting zombies?

DXPOHIHIHI

So this issue happens after like 10 minutes in game where if I were to hit a zed with any weapon it would lag/ screen freeze when the weapon hit sound plays and the freeze stops after like 3 seconds. This lag occurs for like 3mins then stops and occurs again at a random time. Is this just my pc issue or is this an actual bug in game.

I have the lowest settings possible and changing the resolution doesnt change anything.

Edited by DXPOHIHIHI

12 hours ago, Beard said:

Do you have any mods enabled? And could you attach the "logs.zip" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to your message? We can check the  log files from the game with that.

Nope I never use mods I'm on vanilla, as for the game lol I uninstalled it for a while since I ragequitted from a good run, I'll just wait for the next update and download it again then i'll upload the log file If it still lags.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:50 PM, Beard said:

Do you have any mods enabled? And could you attach the "logs.zip" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to your message? We can check the  log files from the game with that.

Hello I decided to install zomboid again, I'm now running on 41.48 now and the flogs.zipreezing thing is still there, here is my logzip file. Played with a new character and experienced the fps drops.

Hmm, it might be either because of a slow HDD (if you have a HDD) or a RAM problem, from the logs it seems like you only have 4 GB RAM which makes things difficult. I would recommend trying the 32 bit version which uses a bit less RAM to see if that helps.

Just go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and run ProjectZomboid32

10 hours ago, Beard said:

Hmm, it might be either because of a slow HDD (if you have a HDD) or a RAM problem, from the logs it seems like you only have 4 GB RAM which makes things difficult. I would recommend trying the 32 bit version which uses a bit less RAM to see if that helps.

Just go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and run ProjectZomboid32

I think my ram is still good since I only reach 68% usage when playing pz, but I'll try the 32 bit to see if there are changes.

• 1 year later...

Hello I have the same issue Im running project zomboid 41.65 with some mods and have 8 gigs of ram and I run into this issue, I had my mods running fine and I wouldnt run into this issue of when with my player character I hit the zombies and it lags, The way this problem presents for me is and  I start up the game and play as normal but eventually some time later randomly after getting a single error msg I hit a zombie and the whole screen and game starts to lag, every consecutive hit causes the game to lag horrendously. It happens randomly and some saves work whilst other dont. are they any mods that deliberately cause this ? or is it the the number of mods ? (I've swapped my mods around time and time again, but when I run it vanilla it dosesnt occur, when i run it with a few mods nothing occurs but when I add over like 20 - 30 mods it randomly starts to have this issue. I can send my mod list soon

Some mods that add clothing or armor have been reported to balloon the game's vram usage with every subsequent hit. It's likely because they're using huge textures for their assets.

Not much you can do beyond remove them and see if it happens again.

I’ve found that it’s not entirely armor mods stacking vram/ram when meleeing Zs.

When I activated simple clothing for players and zombies and simple weapon textures the memory usage stabilized and behaved as normal. I suspect the memory stacking might be linked to blood accumulating on the clothing and/or weapons of high textured mods. I’ve also found that the issue is minimal to non-existent in SP. In MP a melee hit can add up as much as 30-40mb.