Cars are loud

Hoi, you know cars can be loud, and in a zombie apocolypse, cars could be a deathtrap for some people. but how to travel from place to place without leading hundreds of undead with you?

The answer is a bicycle. let me think about the advantages and disadvantages about a bicycle.

Advantages

- riding a bicycle is quiet then a car (obviously)

- is faster then your running speed and your stamina drains slower riding on it plus you still can go almost as fast then a van if you hold your jogge/sprint key

- can be picked up but it weight about 15kg

- can also be dismantled for parts or metall work adn you can build a bike at level 5 metall work and 2 mechanic skills ( 5 scrap metal, 6 metal pipe , 2 wires, 2 bicycle wheels , a blowtorch ,welding rods and a welding mask to craft one)

disadvantages

- given the odds of finding one in top chape is quiet low, you might need to scavenge for parts to make it running

- it still drains your stamina so you might need to take a breath after a long ride, plus your speed is lower if you are tired

- you are still not protected from undead near by and at full speed, crashing into a object or zombie could throw you of your bike which leads of some injuries

- a broken bicycle wont drive you need to fix it first

- a overweight character ( to much items or actuall weight idk) could damage or even brake the bicycle

what do you think about a bicycle in a zombie apocalypse? let me know(clyde)

I actually thought of posting this before, but the fact that you can't store much items on a bicycle held me back, I usually use cars for their easy to go transport when going to other places to loot, but bicycles? that's a different story, though it is a good idea cause you can preserve more stamina rather than walking in relation to real life. I guess the only advantage here is travel speed and it saves you more energy.

Bikes would be enormously useful if I could stash a single backpack equipped as a secondary on them. Bikes would be better than cars in a zombie apocalypse as a local base tool. Silent, no fuel requirement, you could hitch a trailer to them to pull logs in low gear, you can stick them in a main vehicle, and you can go fast. Plus you can fit them in doorways and travel dense(ish)forests with them.  In the winter they would suck ass though. You would want skis or snowshoes. Although nothing stops someone from taking a motorcycle fairing and cob jobbing it onto a bike to prevent windchill on a bike. 

Archived