Questions about Short Sighted, Brave, and PVP mechanics

DXPOHIHIHI

So I started playing almost 2 weeks ago and I survived alot and died alot, my latest run is 31 days but died to a campfire accident (stupid fire it should be nerfed it was all going so well) so to the question. Is short sighted worth it? I mean can I counter it with glasses? I've read some articles saying that glasses doesn't counter short sighted but idk the game is updating everytime. Second is taking brave ok or is it also ok not to? does panicking affect my melee too or does it only apply to guns? for the pvp whats the difference of just holding your right mbutton then holding your lbutton when fighting? is taking breaks per hit actually improves damage?

I'd be interested in some feedback regarding the short-sightedness and if reading glasses improved upon that. At the moment, I don't see a use for all the glasses that I find. In regards to the brave trait, I've never used it and it's been perfectly ok. My character has no problem with combat without this trait. In my experience, panicking effects all combat regardless of what weapon you are using. That's what beta blockers are for. Not really sure of your last question but, if memory serves me well, holding down the RMB does not give you continuous hits, you release the RMB and click it again for a second hit and so on. I'll be sure to be conscience of that the next time I'm in battle to see though. I've pretty much gotten to where things I do are now automatic for me. Don't have to give it much thought anymore.

8 minutes ago, fcolley3 said:

I'd be interested in some feedback regarding the short-sightedness and if reading glasses improved upon that. At the moment, I don't see a use for all the glasses that I find. In regards to the brave trait, I've never used it and it's been perfectly ok. My character has no problem with combat without this trait. In my experience, panicking effects all combat regardless of what weapon you are using. That's what beta blockers are for. Not really sure of your last question but, if memory serves me well, holding down the RMB does not give you continuous hits, you release the RMB and click it again for a second hit and so on. I'll be sure to be conscience of that the next time I'm in battle to see though. I've pretty much gotten to where things I do are now automatic for me. Don't have to give it much thought anymore.

Oh if that's the case then I won't pick short sightedness, the shortened cone of area and shorter view is a hassle, it would be more ok if they added working glasses in game or add a function to them. Yeah I'll stop using brave for now on lol, I do seem to be doing ok and see no difference when panicking, plus I've heard that you don't panick the longer your character kills zombies. The hitting part, do you know that you can hold down the rightbutton then hold the leftbutton for automatic attacks? I know this but I want to know if I can do something to make my hits even deal more damage.

17 hours ago, DXPOHIHIHI said:

Oh if that's the case then I won't pick short sightedness, the shortened cone of area and shorter view is a hassle, it would be more ok if they added working glasses in game or add a function to them. Yeah I'll stop using brave for now on lol, I do seem to be doing ok and see no difference when panicking, plus I've heard that you don't panick the longer your character kills zombies. The hitting part, do you know that you can hold down the rightbutton then hold the leftbutton for automatic attacks? I know this but I want to know if I can do something to make my hits even deal more damage.

Brave is basically giving your character Desensitized from the start. This trait can also be given by taking the Veteran profession, or killing enough zeds. I never use it really, doesn't make a lot of sense imo. Short-sighted isn't actually too bad, but eyeglass functionality would be nice. Maybe this trait could be renamed to Near-Sighted and Far-Sighted, with different visual cones. I think critical hit chances are better when you don't hold the attack button. Timed attacks are more likely to crit a zombie

Archived