[41.48] **Obsolete, already featured in game** Exercising burning calories (for weight loss)

3lackrose

Exercising burning a small amount of calories on each repetition or overtime. This idea came after playing with an obese character.

To help lose weight for obese/overweight characters -- but may backfire for underweight characters as they'd need to eat more to avoid losing weight! Talking about a small amount, don't want to suddendly turn skinny from exercising a lot :)

Edited by 3lackrose

Upon some inspection looks like losing weights is harder than gaining it?

When character gains weight, can have a ">>" icon (facing upwards) meaning they are gaining weight fast.

But seems like the character is already at it's limit and stuck at "<" icon (losing weight, arrows facing downwards) and can't get to "<<"? I don't know if this is intended, it causes weight loss to be very slow and i assumed exercise and other activities weren't taking effect. I'm not sure if slow weight loss (only one "<") is intended, or i'm doing something wrong,  haven't found any info about it yet.

Edited by 3lackrose
Fixing typos

Well in real life, Exercise doesn't really burn many more calories than resting does. In fact, 95% of weight gain or loss is dictated by caloric intake. I think Jogging/Sprinting already increases calorie loss in the game, so I think that's realistic enough. It is possible to have a Double Chevron VV thing going on with weight loss too. Try doing laps around a building or track while Jogging and eating lots of Fruits and Vegetables if you are trying to lower your weight fast!

8 days (almost 9) ingame, started with zero stats (fitness, strength, sprinting) and ran around by foot all the time. Basically going back and forth the roads around the lake west of westpoint to give an idea, clearing houses etc. All the time with a "<" on weight, drank little wine (small doses, when starving) and eaten only lowest cal food i could find and rarely. Most of time with starving moodlet on screen, a few times eaten bait fish thanks to a fishing net found near lake, (don't know how much calories that would be, but weight loss was always active).

Then exercised pretty much non stop until filling the regularity bars for all exercises. Started the game weighting 105 and it's 101 so far, all the exercise didn't seem to do anything to help accelerating that.

I'll keep trying to run to see if it eventually reaches "<<" but tbh i think i've been running plenty all the time, gained 3 sprinting levels starting from zero (1x exp multiplier from sandbox options, and fast learner trait to give an idea on how much it would take).

So i rolled a new obese toon and used a mod called Minimal Display Bars and there is an option that lets you monitor the "calories" intake, assuming it works fine (seems to be):

-Exercising (squats, burpees, pushups etc) does already accelerates calories consumption, very mild, so basically 41.48 already features what i'm asking in the beginning of this suggestion post.

-Running does also accelerates calories consumption, at a faster rate than exercising.

-When you reach negative calories intake you start losing weight. Can get as low as -2200 value, don't know if there are other hidden values but even at this point the character is still only losing "<" (slow loss of weight).

Before doing this test, I assumed the toon in my other save wasn't burning calories because i didn't see the "<" dropping to "<<" (i wasn't using this mod  to monitor calories either). TrailerParkthor says you can reach that state so maybe something happened among the patches or there is some other hidden stat / or have something to do with food. I'll update post if i manage to reach "<<" though.