My game opens, but at the same time it doesn't open

Young RU

Question

well excuse me for english first because i'm using an internet translator, but let's get to the problem:

my game only opens when I go to the local PZ files and open the 32-bit executable, my computer has a 64-bit operating system, but when I open it on the desktop, a black screen and the game closes, as I can play it normally by the 32-bit executable in the game folder I think it runs on my computer, however, there is no point creating a shortcut with this executable, because the shortcut stops working almost at the same time, I would like help with this problem, the specifications of my machine are

4 gb ram, without graphics card, Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70 Ghz, x64 bits.

please help me i would just like to open the game through the desktop like anyone, because i love the game and this has been very boring

7 answers to this question

first, sorry for the delay in replying, i had a lot of personal problems here and lastly .. i didn't have time, but now i'm here to try to solve this, well, previously right click on the file "Projectzomboid32" and click on "send file to the desktop (create shortcut) "and the file was there for a few minutes and out of nowhere it seemed to be corrupted as in the previous image. now I did as you said, I right-clicked on the file "project zomboid32" and copied it then I clicked "paste" on the desktop, but the file just doesn't open, it looks normal, with the game logo, as in the print that I will send it but nothing happens when I just click it and it won't open. only opens through the main folder

Screenshot_2.png

With only 4gb RAM on your computer it is unlikely the game will run in 64 bit mode, the 32 bit mode works probably because it uses less RAM at the start than the 64 bit version.
As to how to run the game from the desktop, what exactly is the issue when creating the ProjectZomboid32 as a shortcut? Does running it from the main folder work but the shortcut doesn't? That didn't really make sense to me and I want to make sure what the problem is.

You would have to click "Paste Shortcut" which is right below "Paste".
Pasting just means it copies the file over to the desktop, but without the game files around it it wont launch.
Pasting a shortcut means it should paste a quick link to the actual file, so when you launch through it it will actually launch the file in the game folder and that should work just fine.
Sending to desktop should work as well but I haven't done that at all, and this approach always worked for me so far.

hey, before merry christmas / new year and best wishes, sorry again for the delay in replying, i managed to solve my problem by following your instructions, thanks for the great service, i am sure you will do your best to answer me faster, i dont I had time to respond quickly, but still I managed to solve my problem, now I open it normally on the desktop and to end the conversation, I would like to ask one last question, is there any way to speak to the developers publicly? something like that .. how to share my idea for the future of the game, if I open a topic with new ideas for the future of the game, will they read it?

Glad you got it to work.

The best way to share suggestions is to go to the suggestion forums here:
https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/forum/20-pz-suggestions/

There you can create a new thread, devs check the suggestions and bug reports (even if there are a LOT of them)
You can also join the Discord, though that's mainly for talking to other players, since the suggestions get quickly lost in the chat, so the best way is the forum posted above.

Archived