IWBUMS 41.48 released

nasKo

EXPERIMENTAL/NEW

Added a new keybinding: Manual Floor Attack:

- Default to LEFT ALT.
- When you attack (hold RMB to aim, press LMB to attack) if you hold LEFT ALT too then you'll force a ground attack - even if there are standing/walking/attacking zombies close by. 

This also comes with an option called Manual Floor Attack - which entirely disables auto detection of prone attacks meaning that use of LEFT ALT is vital:

- If set to false, your player will /!\ NEVER /!\ do a prone/ground attack on a zombie unprompted, you'll have to manually either press LEFT ALT & attack to them with your melee weapon on the ground, or SPACE to stomp while standing over him.

NEW

- Added rain / snow visibility options: Always, Outdoors only, Never.
- Added a new SECRET zed story
- Added ZoneStoryChance sandbox option.
- Added a new anim to drink from wine/whiskey.
- Added new drink bleach anim.
- Polished and improved Spear Charging at zeds
- Added a way to choose player 1 if there are multiple players in a save file. This can be done in the Load Game screen by clicking on the "MORE..." button. A new player may also be created in an existing savefile this way.
- Added NewMusic_KeepMoving to sounds_music.txt.

BALANCE

- The "Wash Yourself" tooltip displays the amount of soap and water used.
- Fixed "Wash Yourself" happening faster when insufficient soap was available.
- Strawberries fertilizer resets to zero after harvest
- Can no longer get benefits from smoking cigarette partially and cancelling
- Spears now break after fewer kills (around 2-5 vs 15-20 before) at level 0.
- Can now make tent kit using wooden stake.
- Washing machines and Dryers now operate for a little while even when clothes are already dry or clean, as real world appliances would.
- Removed the need to uninstall Trunk lid / Hood before they can be repaired
- Now only spears can attack through wired fence/chain link etc.
- Spears have bit more chance to break when impaling.

ANIMS/MODELS

- Adjusted wine bottle to not clip through player head during drinking anim.
- Adjusted WhiskeyBottle.X to work with new drink anim so it doesn't clip face.
- Rescaled molotov to fit new bottle size.
- Re-exported WhiskeyBottle.png and Molotov.png to 64x64.
- Re-adjusted glasses clothing item to be proper reflective glasses, icon currently placeholder.
- Adjusted ski goggle clothing item to again be either reflective or dark version.
- Made the spear attacks use an upperbody mask so to reduce pausing during attack.
- Swapped out attacking on floor with spear for a new anim, Bob_AttackFloorSpear.X.

MODDING/DEV

- Added loading mod files from the media/AnimSets directory.

- Added optional versionMin= and versionMax= lines to mod.info so mods can specify which versions of the game the mod is compatible with.
        Build 40 will not be patched with this for now. 
        If the mod only works with version 41 or newer, add this line to mod.info:
               versionMin=41.0
       If the mod only works up to a certain version of build 41, you would use:
              versionMax=41.999
       Obviously replacing the ".999" with the build number.

- Added DefaultClothing.lua to specify default clothing items for outfits that have default pants or top.
       Previously, these were hard-coded in Java.

- Only save RADIO_SAVE.txt if the contents have changed.
       This is saved every 10 game-world minutes.
       This is done on the main thread; we should avoid doing disk I/O from here.

- Added OnCanPeform:XXX property to recipes specifying the name of a Lua function that will be called
 to perform additional checks on being able to perform a recipe.
 This is a more general solution than the NearItem property (that was used for blacksmith recipes).
 The function takes two arguments and should return a true or false.
        function CanPerformMyRecipe(recipe, playerObj)
              return playerObj:isOutside() and RainManager:isRaining()
       end

- Added Tooltip:XXX property to recipes to display additional text in recipe tooltips and in the crafting ui.
       This can be used to let the user know about additional requirements when there is an OnCanPeform function.
       The value should be a translation name.  The translation text may have multiple lines separated by "<br>".
              recipe MyRecipe
              {
                     OnCanPerform:CanPerformMyRecipe,
                     Tooltip:Tooltip_Recipe_MyRecipe,
              }
       Tooltip_Recipe_MyRecipe = "Must be outside.<br>Must be raining.",

- Added possible forced hair/beard color for outfit in HairOutfitDefinitions.lua (bandit/punk will have a chance to have more "crazy hair color").

- Added blood clothing type to every possible body location, so you can easily mod a new clothing to protect X or Y parts:
- Example, i want to do metal socks that protect both feet and lower legs, i'll simply add a BloodLocation = Feet;LowerLegs, in the item script.
- Full list of per-bodypart location: Bag (back), Hands, Head, Neck, UpperBody, LowerBody, LowerLegs, UpperLegs, LowerArms, UpperArms, Groin.
- Each location will cover both left and right parts if needed.
- Thanks modder Flash for the idea!

- Catch the "Comparison method violates its general contract!" exception in IsoObjectPicker to avoid breaking the game.
       This exception can happen when compare(a,b) is inconsistent with compare(b,a).
       This doesn't fix the cause, it only stops endlessly throwing exceptions.

- Made IsoObjectPicker.ContextPick() a bit more efficient by calculating the score of each ClickObject once before sorting, instead of when comparing each pair of items being sorted.

FIXES

- Fixed police corpses sometimes having two holsters.
- Fixed the "Press A to activate controller" prompt in the main menu. It was only displayed when an XBOX 360 controller was connected, was positioned oddly and wasn't translated.
- Fixed duplicate items being created when climbing over tall fences.
- Fixed RMC ripping a worn out item ripping up another item instead.
- Fixed unrippable ankle socks
- Fixed colored furniture / paint signs being luminescent in the dark
- Fixed popsicle freezers outside buildings not consuming generator power.
- Fixed MaskEyes and MaskFull LeftEye/RightEye exclusivity.
- Fixed zombies not thumping barricade on the opposite side if the window was destroyed.
- Fixed exploit of being able to carry unlimited amounts by simply equipping another bag.
- Fixed the trailer crash stories only spawning advertisement trailers.
- Fixed spear charge not connecting when it should.
- Fixed spear charge not very often killing a zombie (wrong anim was played most of the time).
- Fixed being able to instant sprint after doing an attack if you were already sprinting
- Fixed various aspects of zombies losing interest in secondary/internal barricades etc (WIP!)
- Fixed exception loading map_meta.bin on the client.  This will break server map_meta.bin files.
- Fixed invalid spawn-regions Lua file being created on the server due to translations not being loaded yet.
- Fixed an exception filling an empty sand bag that is equipped in the player's left hand.
- Fixed dirt, gravel and sand bags not displaying a model when equipped.
- Fixed clicking the left mouse button hiding the splitscreen player's radial menu.
- Fixed hunger, thirst and sleep being enabled in the House In The Woods challenges.
- Fixed digital-watch alarms appearing on zombie corpses in House In The Woods challenges.
- Fixed temporary inventory items being created each time a zombie was hit.
- Fixed pressing the shoulder buttons on a controller - when the inventory window is displayed - interfering with
 items being dragged with the mouse.
- Fixed non-rendered floors not revealing levels below
- Fixed lack of sound notification when achieving a skill level (fitness & strength)
- Fixed being able to rip Favourite clothes
- Fixed "Lit Candle" not changing its name or state after being put out
- Fixed Metalworking menu not showing propane torch uses correctly
- Fixed not being able to defend from (or see) closet zombies eclipsed by door
- Fixed unavailable Double context menu option to put / take sheet rope on windowframes
- Fixed not being able to wear a hoodie with hood up + earrings
- Fixed connected vehicles and trailers moving around when parked. This was fixed by deactivating physics on the attached vehicles.
- Fixed large forces being applied to vehicles near fences. This was due to the HitByCar tile property on breakable fences.
- Fixed trailers attached to the player's vehicle not being saved every 10 seconds or when entering or exiting the vehicle. If the game crashed, the trailer could be left far away from the vehicle.
- Fixed being able to hit a zombies through a barricaded window.
- Fixed some spears having the bat sound when hitting with them.
- Fixed delayed sound of death when impaling a zombie.
- Fixed being able to cut grass/forage etc. while in a car.
- Fixed infinite loop when resting + doing fitness.
- Fixed enabling and disabling mods with texture packs not updating which textures the game uses.
- Fixed mod lua files in the server directory not loading after editing one in debug mode.

• nasKo pinned this topic

Custom Cigarettes (Mod) - can still be interrupted by running, what should I do to prevent this from happening?

Please update the documentation on recipes and items on the forum in a timely manner when adding new modding options, otherwise you have to search the news for information. It takes a very long time.  and in response - silence ...

Edited by Nebula

I was set up in the new building just north of the Muldraugh north warehouse.      Something funny is going on.    Part of the interior is registering as exterior now.    part of the immediate exterior is interior.   I see roofs floating over open space just south of the bld.    The second story isn't cutting away while I walk inside of it.         I'm wondering if leaving and coming back will fix it or if it will make all of my stuff vanish.  lol

Edited by feral_donkey
added detail

25 minutes ago, giltirn said:

Can you explain what exactly changed? My character is spear focused and this is filling me with a sense of dread already.

5 hours ago, nasKo said:

Spears now break after fewer kills (around 2-5 vs 15-20 before) at level 0.

Thanks, yeah that's pretty painful. I have a few levels in spear but still went through 5 spears in just a few minutes. Judging by initial impressions this nerf seems a bit too severe, especially given how slowly spear skill levels up. Can we at least have it so that the durability ramps up more quickly at higher skill levels?

16 minutes ago, giltirn said:

Thanks, yeah that's pretty painful. I have a few levels in spear but still went through 5 spears in just a few minutes. Judging by initial impressions this nerf seems a bit too severe, especially given how slowly spear skill levels up. Can we at least have it so that the durability ramps up more quickly at higher skill levels?

1 hour ago, Badgzerz said:

Spear nerf seems extraordinarily harsh as its around about an 80% nerf. 

They're really easy to craft, with materials that are easy to come by, and they are a lot more effective while also less dangerous in combat, now. 

2 minutes ago, nasKo said:

They're really easy to craft, with materials that are easy to come by, and they are a lot more effective while also less dangerous in combat, now. 

Add twine and rope to the spear recipe. Insulation tape is a very valuable and rare item.

3 minutes ago, Nebula said:

Add twine and rope to the spear recipe. Insulation tape is a very valuable and rare item.

Twine and rope are rare also. Why not leather strips or something that is renewable?

7 minutes ago, nasKo said:

I agree that they are easy to craft and renew, but IMO the very low durability is too much of a counter. Sure I can spend the day foraging and make 20 of the things, but I now have to fill my inventory with spears in order for them to be a reliable primary weapon. Would you at least consider increasing the rate at which we gain experience in maintenance and/or spear skill when using them to help offset the nerf somewhat, such that a spear focused character can achieve parity with, say, an axe focused character in the late game. I have 1850 zombie kills, 99% of which have been with a spear, and yet I only have 4 levels in spear skill and 2.5 in maintenance.

Thanks for the update! Spears are super strong, now you can also move while performing stabbing animation with spears :) (you could only move with the side swing attack before) they also improved the ground attack, faster and more effective animation (it was an huge wind up before and you had to position in a weird manner over a zombie).

I haven't noticed much difference in their durability, they broke easily even before but my character is still low skill on them. Crafting and carrying a bunch was something i was already doing before, they are a bit heavy so you tend to lose speed/mobility in doing so, it's a trade off. Yea due to their low durability i tend to not consider them a main weapon, as much as good as they are.

Since they break easily, another usage could be to mass craft them (from planks or foraging branches) and store many near defense barricades. Then use them when needed to pick the zombies from behind the fence or crate walls, or other uses.

If low durability is too much of an issue, there could be mods for it..

I will take some time to get used to left alt for ground attack (to really master it / become second nature), but i think it will pay off over time.

That's all i've noticed from the patch for now. Keep it up!

Made this report October 9, 

to fix that you need 1 minute, nothing done even now, and you block my account for aking who make balance in the game, because I suppose he ashamed on his work and how he doing it.

Also I made post about wrong balance in bottles for water. One again - nothing done.

Beer bottle you add in previus path have unbalance stats 0,4 weight can contain 12,5 units of water, wine bottle can contain 12.5 water units and have 1 weight when full. You just copy past code strokes and too lazy to normally made balance.

To fix that you need 2 minutes, this is ridiculous. I made this post and it taking more time, than I'll just fix it in game files every time you did new update.

Can you fire the bummer who fixes the balance and hire a normal responsible person?

54 minutes ago, Nativel said:

To fix that you need 2 minutes, this is ridiculous. I made this post and it taking more time, than I'll just fix it in game files every time you did new update.

Can you fire the bummer who fixes the balance and hire a normal responsible person?

You've already had your answer.

• nasKo unpinned this topic