Toilet drinking

B00ze

27 minutes ago, VividHazE said:

There was some discussion on Reddit about whether we are drinking out of the toilet or the place with the handle. What animation did you have in mind?

Do you think in the place with the handle water more clear han in toilet ?

What I proposed here:

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30469-the-water-quality-and-water-pollution-factor/

Edited by Nazarito22

17 minutes ago, Nazarito22 said:

Do you think in the place with the handle water more clear han in toilet ?

What I proposed here:

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30469-the-water-quality-and-water-pollution-factor/

Well, it surely is, as the water doesn't touch any excrements, though I agree with varying water quality and contamination (also spillage, evaporation, especially when boiling, and filtration other than boiling (bleach) and purification tables as you suggested). Also manually filling stuff like bathtubs and sinks which was suggested on several occasions :)

I love all of you for this little discussion.
I didn't think about it in this detail actually, I was aiming for a "kneel to drink directly out of the bowl" - animation, which I think would add to the atmosphere of the desperate situation of losing sources of drinking water.
I think if you want to aim for realism there should be 2 containers like you guys suggested - the tank and the bowl, with two different qualities of water in it.
But I'm not sure if that's not overdoing it from a gameplay perspective. So I think I would probably just go for bowl-related stuff.
Would be kinda cool to be able to hide a firearm in the tank though.

Edited by B00ze
additional thoughts

If you have a 1.5 gp/f toilet (gallon per flush) that is how much water the tank holds.  

While you guys are fighting for toilet water, I'll open up a standard residential 40 gallon water heater that nobody is clever enough to think about. Having been an apprentice plumber I can make a genius suggestion thread on the matter.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:36 AM, B00ze said:

I love all of you for this little discussion.
I didn't think about it in this detail actually, I was aiming for a "kneel to drink directly out of the bowl" - animation, which I think would add to the atmosphere of the desperate situation of losing sources of drinking water.
I think if you want to aim for realism there should be 2 containers like you guys suggested - the tank and the bowl, with two different qualities of water in it.
But I'm not sure if that's not overdoing it from a gameplay perspective. So I think I would probably just go for bowl-related stuff.
Would be kinda cool to be able to hide a firearm in the tank though.

Toilet stashes would be rad as hell! I just collect water from toilet with bottle and boil it haha why would you drink directly out of the bowl even if you couldn't clean it??

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 10:33 AM, TrailerParkThor said:

Toilet stashes would be rad as hell! I just collect water from toilet with bottle and boil it haha why would you drink directly out of the bowl even if you couldn't clean it??

Hey, don't kinkshame...! I like to imagine my character putting on a napkin, before taking a sip. :D
Drinking it with a
ladel would be kinda cool too...!

Edited by B00ze

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 9:33 AM, TrailerParkThor said:

because thats more clicks than I have to and I've never had any ill effects from bowl water! I would totally be up for side effects for this kind of thing though, more side effects the better.

EDIT: Oh and yes toiliet stashes, imagine being chased and stuck in a bathroom too and you check the toilet and you find a gun!

Edited by VividHazE
Forgot to write something