Project Zomboid Youtube Thumbnail Art.

Chipperz

Looking at the image, I would say you're a beginner with C4D? Maybe with digital arts all together, considering the overall composition.

This post is going to sound way too harsh because I will point out the obvious flaws that are perfectly normal for anyone to make who started doing this (and honestly, I couldn't produce something better myself). Please don't take it as discouragement :)

The axe wouldn't function the way the blade is shaped (it has no blade). The bat is oddly comic-shaped.

I think it looks kind of weird with the axe sticking through the bat (also, they don't throw a shadow on the floor).

The blood flow looks unrealistic, as well. The drops are oddly shaped (not like a real driblet would be shaped). The blood puddle would have smaller drops arround it as well and seems way too flat. It doesn't have any reflection which makes it look like it's flat and not a liquid that's on top of the floor.

The background does not seem to make a real sense (why are there two platforms, etc).

The typography seems a bit dull.

Again, please do not take this as discouraging. If you keep practicing you will look back at this picture in a few years (or even months) and palm your face. My first tries with C4D were so embarassing...don't even ask :P

I suggest taking a look at basic tutorials on each individual thing you tried to do in this image. A typical error for beginners is trying to do too many things at once.

I can see what you imagined with this image but I can tell it's too much for you to manage, considering you've tried to get your hands on typography, displaying blood flow realistically as well as designing two items. Add basics of composition and background design to that and it's way too much stuff for any greenhorn to handle.

You shouldn't scrap it. You should keep doing stuff.

You will make a lot that you won't like and you will make pieces that people will dislike. You will learn from all of them, though, and each image can only bring you forward if you do another one. :)

Looking at the imagine, I would say you're a beginner with C4D? Maybe with digital arts all together, considering the overall composition.

This post is going to sound way too harsh because I will point out the obvious flaws that are perfectly normal for anyone to make who started doing this (and honestly, I couldn't produce something better myself). Please don't take it as discouragement :)

The axe wouldn't function the way the blade is shaped (it has no blade). The bat is oddly comic-shaped.

I think it looks kind of weird with the axe sticking through the bat (also, they don't throw a shadow).

The blood flow looks unrealistic, as well. The drops are oddly shaped (not like a real driblet would be shaped). The blood puddle would have smaller drops arround it as well and seems way too flat. It doesn't have any reflection which makes it look like it's flat and not a liquid that's on top of the floor.

The background does not seem to make a real sense (why are there two platforms, etc).

The typography seems a bit dull.

Again, please do not take this as discouraging. If you keep practicing you will look back at this picture in a few years (or even months) and palm your face. My first tries with C4D were so embarassing...don't even ask :P

I suggest taking a look at basic tutorials on each individual thing you tried to do in this image. A typical error for beginners is trying to do too many things at once.

I can see what you imagined with this image but I can tell it's too much for you to manage, considering you've tried to get your hands on typography, displaying blood flow realistically as well as designing two items. Add basics of composition and background design to that and it's way too much stuff for any greenhorn to handle.

You shouldn't scrap it. You should keep doing stuff.

You will make a lot that you won't like and you will make pieces that people will dislike. You will learn from all of them, though, and each image can only bring you forward if you do another one. :)

Thanks for the advice and yea. I am a real beginner. Barely know anything about it except a few basics. 

And to add from purely an image compositing perspective: the contrast between the text and background is too low, the text doesn't stand out. The axe is nice and visible, but the bat has the same issue: the dark handle is invisible against the black background, thus breaking the silhouette, making it not easily recognizable as a bat unless you specifically go looking at it.

Its always good to see something new in the fan art section considering more than half of it is all my gimp work. I would love to see some more work done with this thumbnail so keep it up. :)

One day when I get better and I have the attention span to note every important detail on making good artwork will it improve. Otherwise I'm just gonna go back to smashing some Zombie skulls.

Archived