Unknown damage killed me

tntwizz

I just finished re-baiting my traps when I started walking home. I noticed that I had a dark red injury moodle and was about to check what was going on but I died before I could get any clear information (not even enough time to pause). The only thing I can think of that would cause damage would've been encumbrance but I should only have been at "fairly heavy load" and I've never had to worry about dying from that before.

I checked the steam forum first and one person mentioned having a similar issue but they were able to check their health and they didn't have any injuries which reassures my assumption that I shouldn't have had any random injuries but I still wish I had time to check.

image.thumb.png.cdfeb32fb5531f0d31e5865585acaf74.png

Encumbrance alone doesn't kill you. You might had untreated would out of walking without shoes, falling down or scratching from going through forest you didn't see or had untreated infection (zombie or not) or poison damage. Have you turned into zombie? You can create a new character in the world and go to the spot you died to see it.

Scratching from going through forest makes the most sense because I've kept good track of everything else you mentioned and I didn't know that one was a feature. It would have had some time too since I've been focusing on building my base and haven't been in any danger and haven't had need to check health.

Thank you. Since I know to look out for the forest thing now Im not so worried that its a bug I have no way of stopping. That would have been the only time a forest ever scratched me though and its a little frustrating but there were probably good indicators like pain moodles or blood trails that I was just too relaxed irl to pay attention to.