Rounded roads, railroads and trains

Nazarito22

( UPDATED ) Started implementing, mod branch here =>
https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31797-rounded-roads-circle-crossroads/ 

(OLD) The game needs more rounding. Hope this will be add to the game soon. :) 

You can try make roads in isometric constructor here => https://icograms.com

518413432_NewIcogram2020-12-0213_21.thumb.png.21a658975f591a391d323ef5637c9dea.png298829177_NewIcogram2020-12-0213_21(1).thumb.png.21eff777a2411c0981c119fb1072ed53.png861801139_NewIcogram2020-12-0213_21(2).thumb.png.6a84bce7e4396b7ebfdee4bc993ef4e7.png

Edited by Nazarito22

1 hour ago, TrailerParkThor said:

I like the idea but I think it might be impossible under the current code of the game. Could be some cheeky way to pull it off, but a diagonal direction for roads/tracks is more feasible i think

Everything is possible and just needs additional tiles for rounded parts of road (asphalt). More detailed rounded parts of asphalt with different angles. 

How about some roads set at 45 degrees from the usual selection? Grids end where the terrain begins.

I understand there are some complications with angled roads in terms of where does the asphalt cut off, but frankly I think that's really not an issues for the common player, while anyone who begins driving around starts wondering very quickly why highway roads don't curve. Also, roads have shoulders, we could just graphically have a 'gravel border' that can be as jagged as it needs to be but functions as asphalt. If there's a complication, I imagine it might be issues with placement in the mapmaker?

Curved Road barriers and corner rails though, well, that I can see them not being able to do within the system.

Edited by BentNose

15 hours ago, BentNose said:

How about some roads set at 45 degrees from the usual selection? Grids end where the terrain begins.

I understand there are some complications with angled roads in terms of where does the asphalt cut off, but frankly I think that's really not an issues for the common player, while anyone who begins driving around starts wondering very quickly why highway roads don't curve. Also, roads have shoulders, we could just graphically have a 'gravel border' that can be as jagged as it needs to be but functions as asphalt. If there's a complication, I imagine it might be issues with placement in the mapmaker?

Curved Road barriers and corner rails though, well, that I can see them not being able to do within the system.

The grid must use everywhere cause it's isometric game and you will have big problems in future if you not use grid. 

I was started making the curved masks for curved tiles of roads in photoshop. Check mod branch, all news I will publish there. I think developers don't have time for that and I am trying to help them and community. And I have first results already, but it's very very boring thing. However I don't give up.

Curved Road barriers must use only on line section of road and problem solved.

Edited by Nazarito22

The railings already have the appropriate tiles, and about the roundabout, they aren't that popular if at all at where the game takes place, so it's of lower importance I guess. The roads I believe were suggested before, not sure if there was some official replies on the matter.