[41.47] Infinite Ammo in Double Barrel Shotgun

Montoora

Got my hands on a double barrel shotgun and a bit of ammo 3 days into a run. Figured I might as well test it out.

Whilst using it I found that my character, while walking and reloading after taking a shot, was actually just pulling the two buckshot out of the chambers and then reinserting them when I hit R. I never used up any of my ammo using the gun, all I had to do was put the two shells they pulled out back in the chamber.

Shortly after I figured this out, I noticed that I could skip the reload animation by jogging briefly right after taking a shot. This lead me to be able to rapidly fire the shotgun by tapping shift, turning and aiming, shooting, then repeating that same process. I easily killed around 100 zombies this way.

I figured it might be something to do with my mods, which I play with quite a few of, but I only have one gun-related mod and that's "Unique Firearm Progression". I have G.E.A.R and other such things which I disabled as well, but even without any of these mods enabled the shotgun was still not using up any ammo.

This is the first time I've ever actually used a double barrel. The JS-2000 shotgun doesn't have this problem, nor does the M36 revolver, M9 Pistol, or MSR788 rifle. All of them use up ammo and I've tested those in other saves with the same mod setup.

Edited by Montoora