Additional/tweaked item categories

PiCroft

Hello, recently got into PZ and I'm hooked like nobodys business! Not played a zombie/post-apoclaypse game as engaging as this since CDDA!

I've been playing for a few days and I think a few changes to item categories would help in terms of quickly finding items, but more than that, quickly offloading and moving items into containers.

• First Aid/Drugs (or Medicine)
    • First aid would cover bandages, sutures, antiseptics and other directly applicable wound treatment.
    • Drugs (or medicine) would be things like antibiotics, antidepressants, painkillers and the like.
  • Food (Perishable)
    • Often I find I have to pick out perishable food when dumping stuff after a raid, and I think it would help speed things up if things that can go rotten are grouped together while canned and non-perishable stuff remain under "food". Raw meat, fresh vegeatables and opened cans would all fit under Food (perishable).
  • Tool
    • This is a bit more complex, as a lot of stuff that are obviously tools also fit under the "weapon" category. However, I think items that are vital for most carpentry tasks, or that have applications outside combat, should be classified as "tools". Example: The club hammer and mallet are both useless except as weapons, so should stay in the weapon category. The Hammer, Axe and Sledgehammer, while all valid weapons, have uses outside of combat. This would help new players identify what they should freely use as weapons and what they should consider keeping around. As a veteran of CDDA, I would naturally have kept the crowbar around for prying open doors and windows, but the game doesn't currently provide that. However, only after consulting the wiki do I now know that the crowbar is the only item in the game that allows you to pull up flooring. Thats a pretty big feature of the crowbar I would never have realised had I not read the wiki and otherwise, its only other obvious use is as a weapon. Categorising such items helps the player know what to keep around and what can be used as a disposable weapon.

I think that's it. Feel free to offer further suggestions, but otherwise thank you for what you've created!