New trait - Warrior

Zen

Right now there is no way to specialize in spears, no occupation or trait will give you bonus Xp. New trait would be similar to brawler but it would give +1 to long blades and spears ( cost 6-8 points ) 

Edited by Zen

You got people like HEMA practitioners who fight with medieval weapons ( just check wiki or you tube ), viking and feudal japan enthusiast. I know quiet few people who do train with bows,swords and spears. Its more of exotic hobby but it does make sense. Logic is not always fully applicable in games. If you think logically would chef be good at fighting with short blades? Sure he knows how to cut veggies but its completely different then fighting a person.

Edited by Zen

There is a problem of setting here. '94 was a bit more limiting in terms of niche's and general public knowledge. Warrior, Hema, martial artist, all of these probably wouldn't work so well in context.

You are right in that we don't have a good focus on spear though.

I'd probably give it to farmers though. Pitchforks, shovels, cattle prods. I think they have the most appropriate experience in this case to get them started on the spear path.

Good point, would be fun for RPing as neckbeards and weebs haha. I do still think Javelin Star or something would be a fun addition that could serve the same function while being more widely applicable to different builds.

8 hours ago, BentNose said:

I'd probably give it to farmers though. Pitchforks, shovels, cattle prods. I think they have the most appropriate experience in this case to get them started on the spear path.

Honestly agree with this as well. Adding both a Hobby and an Occupation that can give Spear specialization would be great. Pitchforks should definitely be added to the game as well. Hand Forks already exist, and with the skill and animations for Spear now fully implemented, there's a big opportunity for devs to easily add Pitchforks and expand the spear tree some more.