Darkmark8910

Comment: Fanny in British English has a very different meaning than in the US....

American English and British English diverge on the meaning of the word fanny. In the US, it refers to bottom, like a fanny pack. In the UK, it's a vulgar word that refers to female anatomy. Fanny pack - Wikipedia Urban Dictionary: Fanny Fraser’s Phrases: Five Mild American Words The British Find Rude | Anglophenia | BBC America

If ya ever set up a separate UK English version of the game, you may want to consider renaming the fanny pack to, say, a bum bag for them! Which is their inoffensive term for a fanny pack. In British English, fanny pack has a very different meaning.... 

Or to see a Brit reacting to finding a fanny pack in-game in real time: 

Edited by Darkmark8910

Yeah a good few of us are British including 3/4 of the directors, so we were aware of this :D it's set in the US so US colloquialisms rule and it is just extra funny to be called a fanny pack anyway, it seems a rather tame thing in a brutal dark zombie apocalypse to worry about tbh. We've resisted renaming pop to soda still I guess though we'll get to it!

4 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Yeah a good few of us are British including 3/4 of the directors, so we were aware of this :D it's set in the US so US colloquialisms rule and it is just extra funny to be called a fanny pack anyway, it seems a rather tame thing in a brutal dark zombie apocalypse to worry about tbh. We've resisted renaming pop to soda still I guess though we'll get to it!

I've never heard anyone call soda "pop" in the US.

Edit: I misread what Lemmy said but I can't delete because I'm a moron :( 

Edited by EnvyDemon

On 11/30/2020 at 7:10 PM, EnvyDemon said:

I've never heard anyone call soda "pop" in the US.

It's called pop in some places, soda in other places, and even in other places, everything is just Coke.