Sledgehammer and Axe

PepsiChungus

Sledgehammers are quite a rare item to come across, in westpoint there are a few locations that I suggest you hunt around in Westpoint. Note, sledgehammers only spawn in crates or metal shelving units, so stores, gas stations and warehouses are your best bet. 

Inside Westpoint there are two construction sites, these areas have plenty of crates that you have a chance of finding a sledge hammer in. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you're not able to find a sledgehammer or axes here (Although axes are significantly more common), axes do have a chance of spawning on zombies. If you hunt around in the areas I've stated above, you will most likely find one.

If not, venture out of Westpoint! 

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

Sledgehammers are quite a rare item to come across, in westpoint there are a few locations that I suggest you hunt around in Westpoint. Note, sledgehammers only spawn in crates or metal shelving units, so stores, gas stations and warehouses are your best bet. 

Inside Westpoint there are two construction sites, these areas have plenty of crates that you have a chance of finding a sledge hammer in. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you're not able to find a sledgehammer or axes here (Although axes are significantly more common), axes do have a chance of spawning on zombies. If you hunt around in the areas I've stated above, you will most likely find one.

If not, venture out of Westpoint! 

Those are not crates. Those are piles of brown bricks, which give wood and nails when dismantled. If you want to find axes and sledgehammers, look for warehouses and garages/tool sheds.

12 minutes ago, Toshis said:

Those are not crates. Those are piles of brown bricks, which give wood and nails when dismantled. If you want to find axes and sledgehammers, look for warehouses and garages/tool sheds.

You're one-hundred percent correct, not sure what I was thinking at the time of that post! 

The hardware store in West Point seems to be the best place in my experience but given random nature sometimes you'll find several one time, another time maybe 1. As far as sledgehammers.. Any storage facility with a lot of crates, but they are extremely rare.

This might be considerably more rare, but there is a "story car wreck" spawn that spawns 1 or 2 sledgehammers sometimes.

Story Car Wrecks are just random spawns of different little scenarios. Sometimes a police barricade, sometimes an ambulance crash, and the one with sledgehammers spawns a work truck with some road pylons(orange cones) and a manhole cover. Along side the manhole cover and pylons are some tools. Sometimes a sledgehammer will be one of the tools. (Plus a couple hardhat zombies for a free hardhat)

Archived