208221-albums5261-picture76231.png

NEWS :

_____________________________________________________________________________________

New cool art for the menu of my topic!

New ideas :

- Environment > Hiding spot

- Player > Songs are good for the health!

- Gameplay > Energy

- Gameplay > Survivor's camps

- Player > Survival XP

- Environment > Corpse odor

UPCOMING :

____________________________________________________________________________________

Going to use BBCode to make awesome stuff.. no idea of what yet. xD

Gonna add more details to some of the ideas and add some art on the topic!

MOAR IDEAS!!!!

Rating system : After each idea your going to find a [0]. If someone leave a bad comment I will subtract 1 from the current idea score and if someone add a good comment I will addition 1 to the current rating of the idea. I'm doing that to help everyone know the general opinion about the ideas. I am not adding my opinion to the rating and theres some special cases.
Special cases #1: If no one as rated it yet, I'm going to put a dark color on the font of the idea.
Special case #2: If peoples have rated it but the general opinion made that the rating score is still at 0. I'm going to set the text to a blue text font.

Ideas coming from others player and posted on this topic : They will be underlined with a * at the end of the sentence and at the end of the ideas there will be another * followed by the name of the player who gave the idea.

If you see one of my idea that look like another one in the forum : Point it out and I will check it out. If I judge that my ideas look to much like theirs, I'm whether going to put a link to their topics or remove my idea, depending on how much the ideas are looking like each others. 

Before saying my ideas are illogical :

Offtopic

Every idea in this topic is logical, I would not propose something unrealistic for this game. So for people who might think my ideas are illogical let me tell you that :
For me, a zombie did not have his molecular structure changed. Hes still a human, made of flesh, but with a nasty disease. A zombie, obviously lost any personality, emotions or memories. The two things that make the zombies so dangerous is that, first, they do not feel any pain and secondly if they bite you your probably infected (the ratio of infection is depending on the movie or game your talking about). To understand what I am talking about, I will show you the brain schema and explain of a zombie.

Zombie brain :
208221-albums5261-picture76238.jpg
Definition of the parts :
Frontal Lobe- associated with reasoning, planning, parts of speech, movement, emotions, and problem solving
Parietal Lobe- associated with movement, orientation, recognition, perception of stimuli
Occipital Lobe- associated with visual processing
Temporal Lobe- associated with perception and recognition of auditory stimuli, memory, and speech

All of those dark patch are meaning that its dead, so half dead, half alive I don't think that anyone would arg on that part. Zombies are not invincible, zombies can't swim, zombies can't survive underwater (You can't yell if you got no air inside you, where ever it might be x_X, and in project zomboid, the zombies yell, so they still breath!). Zombies can still think, with the primal instinct of any animal who would be hungry, bear would do same thing if they would be starving, and bears are no zombies. So to conclude, zombie is just a virus that spread by sharing some saliva with an open wound and their mouth. They stop attacking peoples right after their dead just because their now also infected. Their no invincibles, they don't got any super powers, and their smell is not duplicated, they are human with a dead body so it's rotting, dying but their still some stimulus coming from their brains.

lol made that big explanation, also, if someone tell me that something is not true and its not related with zombies (Cause can't arg about something that don't exist), please bring some facts to prove that I'm wrong cause if you don't... well its my opinion versus yours.

Between, mud does hide your scent and make you less visible.

Tips :
- If you put you mouse over the scrolling new or update text, it will stop scrolling.

Survival utilities :

Ipod : [0]

Ipod can be thrown away to attract zombies.

Mud(Hiding trick) : [-1]

I heard mud make you look almost invisible when your on earth and camouflage your smell. Could be disgraceful and bad for your moral and give you a cold… but if it make you survive, its worth a try… no?

Snorkeling : [-2]

Find a reed and go out for some snorkeling while the zombies search for you on the beach! Gonna allow players to escape from zombies. (Which is plausible because if zombies smell the humans, water will cover the smell). Can also allow players to fish if they got sharp sticks (Spear).

NPC's

The past of the player : [-1]

Some npc that knew the player before the zombiecalypse. Like his brother, or her mother. Could also already be infected people that you knew before…. well.. you know.. before they got infected. Could also already be dead.

Languages : [0]

Some NPC could speak other languages... like Russian or Spanish?

Environment :

Electrical fence : [0]

Electrical fence might be useful in a lot of way, and not only for the players but also for the story. Military zones for example. But players could also build some around their houses to protect them, it would surely pump a lot of energy but you can just turn it off when theres not a gigantic horde at your door. (Not saying that it would hold a giant horde of zombies but it would certainly grill some!)

Cars as bed : [0]

When you far from everything and you feel safe, would you not like a fast but unhealthy nap? Just to refill your sleepometer! Well I think that if we could do that it would be good.

Windows : [0]

In reality when you break a window, some shattered glass may cut you on the process. So I think that, in the goal of making project zomboid a realistic game, we should add this in the game. Also, I think that there should be a higher probability of cutting yourself if your doing that with your fists.

Tree houses : [1]

It would be kewl that the developers add some tree houses on the map. It's a good spot to hang if you don't got enough stuff to build.

Canoe : [-1]

Got it... Scuba is not a good idea... But maybe a canoe would be a best idea... Who said zombies could swim?? So escaping with a canoe would really be kewl! Or just fishing.. or just idk... doing stuff on it... you know. The only danger is that if the lake bottom is not enoug deep or if your to much near the shore, some zombies could grab your boat and it would probably mean your end!*

*Brought up by some kewl member of our community called TheCenturion.

Corpse odor : [0]

Corpse of human or zombies should slowly but certainly bring more zombies, so you gotta clean the corpse if you really want to be sure that no zombies will come.

This idea is coming from the idea talked about in the topic Dragging Corpses and Cleaning Blood

Hiding spots : [0]

What if you want to escape a horde of zombies and but you don't want to leave the town and your out of weapons? Well instead of running around we could simply hop into a garbage container or under a big but destroyed car. If the zombies saw you going there your still in %$#% but, if they did not, they might just pass next to you and not see you.

Weapons

Weapon attachments : [1]

Might already be proposed.. no idea. Laser pointer that you can attach to you guns?

Fire + iron/metal melee weapons : [0]

Iron or metal weapons can be placed onto the fire to transform them into temporary super hot and kewl weapon that cut through zombies like butter?

Home made weapons : [0]

Home made weapons have a probability of hurting you? Same for weapon with durability really low.

The player

Survival XP : [0]

It seems reasonable that when the character of the player first wakes in the zombies apocalypse, he may probably not be ready for physically or mentally challenges that zombies apocalypse offer. But as the player will continue on his journey, he might get more used about living in a zombieland, not panic when he see them, kill them more precisely, etc... For example, in the beginning of the apocalypse, a player may only be able to swing his axe 2-3 times before he get tired, but after doing it for several weeks straight his arms should be getting stronger and his ability to cut zombies head should be greater!

Each survivor could develop his endurance to run faster, or to be stronger in fights, or to be able to see more far or to be alarmed when zombies are near him faster. Each survivor would develop his own way of surviving!

Idea was brought up by ZimTown!

Gym/Training : [0]

Gym or ability to train your self for a ability to carry more stuff or to run longer or faster?

Story related items : [0]

When you start a new game,there is a possibility that you spawn with a random item that is part of your past and present story, might be a unique, useless or common item but he got his very own story and he might even give you stats bonus! Something it may even be used to interact differently with some NPC.

Exemples :

Family picture :

208221-albums5261-picture76229.jpg

Betty :

208221-albums5261-picture76228.jpg

Friend's hand :

208221-albums5261-picture76227.jpg

Songs are good for the health! : [0]

I really think that songs would be a good way to recover some moral, you could hear them via your car cd reader or via a Ipod. 

HUD

Gameplay

Survivor's camps : [0]

If you meet alot of friends, and they decide to follow you and you decided to build a camp, would it not be awesome that you can give them missions? Like make them build some buildings (Exp : Watch Towers), or maybe send them loot?
NOTE: I know that, even if the idea is liked by everyone on the forum (Which may not be the case!), developers won't be able to add this before a long timeeeeee. But I'm still suggesting it!

Arcade : [0]

A bar that contains a playable arcade machine that is about zombie apocalypse. It can also be anywhere else but a bar is a good place to find it… I think.

Energy : [0]

PART 1 : The wires
Energy is a great concept, thats one of the main aspect who made that minecraft is a freaking popular game. So I think that bringing the concept that you got to place wires around to keep the lights up or to make your electrical fence work. Would be great.

PART 2 : The item's energy

Items like Ipod, gps, night vision google require energy so we should add a stat that look like durability but about the energy and that it get used when you turn the items on. Even cars requires energy and recharging cars is not a concept that we see in a lot of games.

Topic statue : Not working on it.

My email : Fwilhelmy@hotmail.com
Shartuku :D

Moar IdeaS!!!! :o

First : =_=

NPC Idea

- Some NPC could speak other languages... like Russian or Spanish?

Second :]

Boat / Water Idea

Got it... Scuba is not a good idea... But maybe a canoe would be a best idea... Who said zombies could swim?? So escaping with a canoe would really be kewl! Or just fishing.. or just idk... doing stuff on it... you know.

Third ^_^

Weapon attachments

- Might already be proposed.. no idea. Laser pointer that you can attach to you guns?

Fourth ._.

Specializations!!

Your an adult, and I think that if your and you lived in the world before the zombies came... you had a job... So how about we get some bonus on certain stats based on a random attributed job you had before the zombocalypse came? Or you could also choose your job at the character creation or idk something like that?

Fifth :\

Tons of random or not so useful ideas!

- Cut yourself when breaking windows? Higher probability when its with your fist?

- Iron or metal weapons can be placed onto the fire to transform them into temporary super hot and kewl weapon that cut through zombies like butter?

- Can change the visibility and resize your inventory bag panel?

- Home made weapons have a probability of hurting you? Same for weapon with durability really low.

- Gym or ability to train your self for a ability to carry more stuff or to run longer or faster?

- Tree houses, saw that in a lot of zombocalypse!

Sixth  :)

A really good idea... I think!

- You got the possibility to spawn with a object that is useless to everyone else but for you its your emblem or stuff you are attached to so it give you small bonus.

Exemple : A gun, a picture of your family, a necklace or even some cloths.

Okay thats it for now. Please no nonconstructive comments, its just discouraging me. If you don't like them you can post it but don't say

Your ideas a kind of garbage to me.

Or I'm gonna be sad :(

Some of your ideas are good, some rather , some were already answered/ discussed etc.

But please read this http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/26-how-to-write-a-good-suggestion-read-before-posting/ and use the search function of the forum in order to look if the idea was already suggested or even answered by the devs   (tophat)

edit : DONE did my best to check everything, I'm not sure if I checked everything and I don't plan to, if you are really displeased by some of my ideas that are looking to much like other ideas in the forum you can point them out and I will remove them immediately!

It´s just easier to get your suggestions if they are clear structured and the ideas that are often mentioned/already answered are outsourced.

And to answer the suggestions of your second post :

1. Different languages: The game takes place in Knox Country , USA. I don´t think there are any people there that can´t speak english ( even if i kind of like the idea)

2. Canoes: Fishing , ok , i think it will be probably , canoes probably not. You don´t need any possible vehicle in the game and canoes are less effective than other boat-types ( if boats get even added in the game , which would be one or the last aspect to add :D )

3. Maybe

4, Well ... thats already in the game. The professions are pretty much jobs you had before the apocalypse. More get added in the future

5. More details would be better

6. I kind of like it ... but i don´t know the use of it. More details would be great. Just write more to this aspect for example. Than you have a suggestion people can discuss.

Thats my 2 cents ;)

Specializations!!

Your an adult, and I think that if your and you lived in the world before the zombies came... you had a job... So how about we get some bonus on certain stats based on a random attributed job you had before the zombocalypse came? Or you could also choose your job at the character creation or idk something like that?

professions = Jobs

Thanks alot for the feedback, structured my ideas and added some rules! :D I hope that it will help you guys :)

About the idea development, I welcome any new ideas from anybody and I will work on the ideas you asked me to develop!

It´s just easier to get your suggestions if they are clear structured and the ideas that are often mentioned/already answered are outsourced.

And to answer the suggestions of your second post :

1. Different languages: The game takes place in Knox Country , USA. I don´t think there are any people there that can´t speak english ( even if i kind of like the idea)

2. Canoes: Fishing , ok , i think it will be probably , canoes probably not. You don´t need any possible vehicle in the game and canoes are less effective than other boat-types ( if boats get even added in the game , which would be one or the last aspect to add :D )

3. Maybe

4, Well ... thats already in the game. The professions are pretty much jobs you had before the apocalypse. More get added in the future

5. More details would be better

6. I kind of like it ... but i don´t know the use of it. More details would be great. Just write more to this aspect for example. Than you have a suggestion people can discuss.

Thats my 2 cents ;)

The thing is: learning about history and memories of the player and such in this game is not applicable or interesting. So stuff like "The past of the player" or past items is not quite a good idea.

I don't see why language should be a matter either, because NPCs won't speak but talk as in written subtitles.

I'm in favor with the electric fence concept, once generators are in it would be an interesting method to hinder some zombies. But I guess it is pretty hard to code the electrocution.

Ok, so scuba is a definite no no pal :P there is no deep water and even if there is, going scuba diving isn't a favorite concept in zombie survival lore, especially in this game.

OMG... #$%$@%$ me and my bad english! I meant snorkeling xD! You know you find a reed and escape the zombies hiding under water. Lol sorry for the misspelling.

Zombies don't swim, but they do... float... and walk underwater. They've crossed continents like that. So I'd rather stay off the water, boat or not... :P

Lol yhea but, you said it! They don't swim, and theres a lot of distance between the bottom of the lake and its surface. But I will count that as a vote against the idea!

Wait, does anybody actually know the depth of said lake? I wouldn't have thought it would be that deep.

Lol, your right! I'd say that maybe its dangerous, but I still think that a giant zombie horde is even MOAR dangerous! xP

Added a bunch o'idea and did restructured some of ideas groups for a easier and more understandable topic! Also added a freaking long explanation of my way to see zombies, look useless now that I did it... xD

Still searching for more way to use BBCode!

Mini edit : TheCenturion brought up something interesting issues about the boat, the fact that if the boat is in reach of any zombies hand, your in big shit and its probably your end, so I added it in my ideas with credits to him.

I liked a lot the of ideas you listed but a few seem like no-brainers now, fishing for example and other survival skills especially now theres water bodies on the map.

It seems reasonable that when my character first wakes to the zombie apocalypse that he probably isn't ready for it physically or mentally but as it common with all zombie law the people that manage to survive are the ones that expand there skill-sets and in particularly get fitter, my character swings his axe maybe 2-3 times before he tired which at the start of the game sounds about right, but after doing it for several weeks straight my arms should be getting stronger and it would be good to see a skill that reflects the endurance, not just damage with blunt or sharp etc. 

More skill diversity in games is the best path, especially when multilayer hits and we can start specializing in the team :)