I wish thee a long life!

Strider

Hey, my questions:

1. Has anyone documented how long anyone has lived the longest in this game.?

I'm curious as whether someone has done something crazy.

2. What always kills you. By that I mean, if the Zed's or other players don't get you, what kills you?

Is it lack of water or is it the Z's never run out, they just keep coming aliens styley?

3. What's your preference. I'm trying to be smart and use the baseball bat as much as possible because it's quiet but having messed around with the pistol, it doesn't seem to attract as many as I thought it would.

4. What's your opinions on the alarms going off. I sh*t myself when I first heard one go off but again, unless the house has loads outside then it doesn't make much difference

At the minute I'm usually dying because I get a little scratch, or worse. I've not even got to the point where I can build stuff yet. I never find enough wood or an axe to get the wood. Medicine is a lot rarer than the last time I played it.

1 - have only documented my own successes, but i have heard stories about other how have lasted a hell of a lot longer than me. I'm currently just past 3 months. 

2 - The Zombies. Other stuff you can survive ok usually so long as you have the right supplies. 

3 - My preference is to be as silent as possible. Always use melee weapons, try not to engage in combat if i can help it. Consistent use of guns will bring in more zombies eventually. 

4 - Frequency of alarms seems to have gone up the current the build. But the game is as it is for now, if i get a house with an alarm i usually try to get out of the area as quickly as i can. In the event that the area isn't very populated, i simply leave the house and observe is for a while after the alarm has finished, do a quick patrol of the area and then decide if it's safe to continue. 

Hope that helps a little. :)

I'm a newbie player, but here are my answers:

1) the longest i survived was... well.. 10 days and 8 hours :D

2) I think i'm mostly dieing from zombies, and some times to fires.
3) I usually sneak around and try to avoid contact, in the last game i played i didn't found any baseball bat so i had to use a golf club (that is as tiring, but it does much lesser damage, it was quite a nightmare killing a single zombie each time).
4) At first i ran away as soon as i heard the allarms, but then i activated like 3 of them in a row attracting only 3 or 4 zombie each time, and stopped running away. I died the next time, when the allarm called about 10 / 15 zombies (i also managed to ran away, but i was in such a bad shape that i bled out before i could bandage all injuries).

So did any of you die of hunger or thirst or was it always zombies?

Also, what do you do for water. Do you hoard it. As in get lots of empty bottles and store it around the house or is there fresh water that you can boil?

I create shittons of water collection barrels. So when it rains they all start to fill to the point of me having the equivalent of a swimming pool in my backyard.

I also live in the woods and eat berries to survive.

So did any of you die of hunger or thirst or was it always zombies?

Also, what do you do for water. Do you hoard it. As in get lots of empty bottles and store it around the house or is there fresh water that you can boil?

I create shittons of water collection barrels. So when it rains they all start to fill to the point of me having the equivalent of a swimming pool in my backyard.

I also live in the woods and eat berries to survive.

I thought you were joking so I Googled what you said and wow. I didn't even know that was possible.

Thanks for the info. So both food and water are unlimited.

i dont think Berry respawn do they?and for ur question  spade is the best weapon i think but low durability when it get hairy i put my axe away and put out my spade. also for the infection part i strongly suggest u play with resilient it seem to help against scratch. and as far as  longevity go im at  48 day and 1063 zed killed and no problem at the horizon for now, i live in the hotel near the highway.

Yeah, I went for thick skinned. I think I'll go for that and resilient.

I was just looking at another thread, re: steam update and it looks like the spade is being nerfed. Also, I carry my bag in the second item slot and bats/axes need to be used two handed now so, it's all change :)

Yeah, I went for thick skinned. I think I'll go for that and resilient.

I was just looking at another thread, re: steam update and it looks like the spade is being nerfed. Also, I carry my bag in the second item slot and bats/axes need to be used two handed now so, it's all change :)

where did u see that? kinda sad they are nerfing it they should give it a visual first :/  . anyway its not like its a reliable weapon its so fragile.

Hey, my questions:

1. Has anyone documented how long anyone has lived the longest in this game.?

I'm curious as whether someone has done something crazy.

2. What always kills you. By that I mean, if the Zed's or other players don't get you, what kills you?

Is it lack of water or is it the Z's never run out, they just keep coming aliens styley?

3. What's your preference. I'm trying to be smart and use the baseball bat as much as possible because it's quiet but having messed around with the pistol, it doesn't seem to attract as many as I thought it would.

4. What's your opinions on the alarms going off. I sh*t myself when I first heard one go off but again, unless the house has loads outside then it doesn't make much difference

At the minute I'm usually dying because I get a little scratch, or worse. I've not even got to the point where I can build stuff yet. I never find enough wood or an axe to get the wood. Medicine is a lot rarer than the last time I played it.

1)  No actually documentation, but ive heard people living up to 3-4 years

2)  I find i die in the most anti-climatic way, i.e walking in safehouse at night, a crawler hides in my room and scratches me, i kill it but i die of infection :/

3) Yeah stick with melees, kitchen knife works well for lone zombies, quick kills while the bat is good for smallish groups, firearms should only be used for distracting/destroying hordes, emergency, safehouse siege

4) Well it really depends, half the time i find zombies swarm, the other times there is absolutely none!

People lived for over a year on the old versions, it wasn't massively difficult to achieve, and was extremely dull, just stockpiling and then barricading themselves in and fast forwarding. I've yet to come across anyone doing that on the new current though.

Not much point either, except for bragging rights.

2) I'm currently at 1 month and 20 days. I have a base set up far south near the police station, complete with tons of barricading, water barrels, and over 400 combined rounds of ammo for the pistol and shotgun.

So what's going to kill me? I'm running out of food, and fast. As I type this, I've been exploring every warehouse and storage locker, but I have yet to find the Trowel!! I'm getting close to the end of my rope here, and farming is my only hope, but I can't do it :(

Is it possible the trowel can spawn at the Logging camp? I just searched the North farm with no luck.

2) I'm currently at 1 month and 20 days. I have a base set up far south near the police station, complete with tons of barricading, water barrels, and over 400 combined rounds of ammo for the pistol and shotgun.

So what's going to kill me? I'm running out of food, and fast. As I type this, I've been exploring every warehouse and storage locker, but I have yet to find the Trowel!! I'm getting close to the end of my rope here, and farming is my only hope, but I can't do it :(

Is it possible the trowel can spawn at the Logging camp? I just searched the North farm with no luck.

zCH8KEt.jpg

That's great, thanks. Directly west of my base too. Do berries go rotten after they've been picked?

as far as i can tell id say no but i got 200+ Berry collected so far and some for nearly 2 month so maybe  the Berry at the bottom of the pile are rotten but as far as i can tell they all are good, but anyway u have soo many Berry spot around the map i doubt its a problem. you do have the map rigth ?

link in case u dont :

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.38857500902468844,0.2228339898699912,40.26872533386824