Longest you have ever survived?

Phesired

About six hours!

I suck, royally!  And I love it!  Zomboid's the survivalist game I've been waiting for.  Never has being horrible at a game been so wonderful.

You will get better. If you want to survive long term you really need to follow a strict set of rules. Pretty much all my deaths can be traced a mistake I made because I was tired and sloppy or wanted to search just "one more house".  PZ is fairly easy once you master it but it takes just one little mistake to end it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

New to the game.

I'm on two months now. I've died at around 1.5 months three times now :(. This character got bitten and scratched in the groin (lol) and survived \O/. I currently operate out of Cortman Medical as my main base (it's always super quiet around there), the motel to the north, the storage yard south west of it and have boarded up a house or two en route just in case. All have water holders and ample dried food.

I have more water and dried food than I know what to do with, so I'm just nail hunting and farming at the mo. I suck at farming though, plus the glitches mean even if it rains and I water the plants, some still show 'stunted' and 200+ hours since watering :-/.

FkwkIgV.jpg

HuOeYoF.jpg

thgAtH8.jpg

I'm currently building a walled enclosure around the doctors, with the buildings next to it boarded up as extra safe houses or storage areas if I run out of space. I built some extra doors inside and plastered myself a little internal porch to the 2nd floor flat :D.

EDIT: Almost 700 kills in 2 months, got sooo much food, water, ammo and weapons. Got a fair few axes and building mats. My problem is I go out raiding every day and often end up slipping up and getting a scratch or bite that does infect :(. If I stayed at home and farmed I'd probably live forever :P.

I'm approaching 2 months and have killed about 750 zombies. I've managed to push all zombies out by about a quarter mile. I can't wait for NPCs to distract me, I have a super abundant supply of food and materials and could live for a month before needing to go out.

1 month, 1 day, 8 hours. About 2-3 days earlier (in game, and IRL from today) I decided to head further than I had gone before, since I needed some food. But the highest priority was nails, which I didn't find anywhere.

Most of the food I found was completely rotten but I did find some canned food and some junk food. When I got enough supplies, I was heading back, not paying too much attention as an alarm and some smashed glass had their attention, or I assumed it had. Anyway, while on the way back, one got up right next to me and scratched me on my right arm, made me jump also. When I looked around there was about 10-12 following me. I ran for around to get a bandage applied and succeeded, at that point I thought I be pretty pissed if I didn't get revenge on the one that scratched me, which I would be. I turned round and bashed his brains in with my bat. Definitely him. Then I ran home and did all I could to not 'turn' into one of them. Fast forward after running around some more and looting some more stuff rather than resting.

When I got back home and went for a sleep eventually, 'Fever' appears. My character wakes up and I pretty much knew there's no way I'm surviving. I still tried, but I should have rested more. I ate food to keep my health from draining but then it popped up. 'Zombified'. I dropped my clothes, weapons, bags, etc... all on the ground. Went upstairs and jumped straight out of the window. Damn Geek got me, but at least not his way. 

http://gyazo.com/0225a3acaffdf785b8852b2461ea15c1

• 2 weeks later...

Im in 3 months and 7 ish days... shit tons of food. :P first game that i played (besides all crashes) havnt died yet. only got scratched once. BUT this was back in the first stream release when zed spawn was in baby mode so yea... but in the newer updates im still doing ok about one month in my newer Youtube save

I'm up to over 8 months so far on my latest player.  This guy has survived one bite and several scratches.  He's got 'thick skinned' so that probably helped turn several more scratches into bruising.  Still, I started wondering if somehow I had screwed up the settings and turned off infection...but then I remembered that I am playing in the same world as the last two characters I played that died, one from a bite and one from just a single scratch.  I'll post some screenshots eventually.

Edit:  Here it is...this is at one of my 'satellite' safehouses.

post-6488-0-00880800-1391363189_thumb.jp

Just died on my longest lived character since the updates that changed the graphics. Back when the graphics were different and it was a completely different map, the game was much easier and I had characters that had survived long enough to loot the town clean and run out of food since there was no farming system back then. But since the update that gave us a new map and made everything harder I have been having trouble surviving. Today I died on a character that survived 1 month, 8 days, 1 hour before receiving an unfortunate scratch that infected him with the zombie plague.

• 4 weeks later...