Longest you have ever survived?

Phesired

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually lost an 8 month character this afternoon. He wasn't my longest lived, I have one that's a year and some change in a saved game that I haven't played for awhile, but it's still irritating. Of course it was all due to one stupid mistake too. I was traveling to West Point for the first time and my plan was to crash for the night in the Barg-n-Clothes off the highway, as I tend to do, and when I got to that little shopping area I had a lot of company. I set the alarm off in the store when I first entered, so I waited for the alarm to turn off then sprinted next door to the Spiffo's, my plan being to try to set off an alarm there too in order to draw the zeds back away from the building I wanted to sleep in. I hopped in through one of the back windows and was met by a couple of zeds that I hadn't seen during my initial scout, so I beat down the closest one, and there were a couple more coming so I turned and hopped right back out the window without looking first and jumped right into the waiting jaws of a group of zeds. Took a bite and a scratch and was sick before the sun went down. Almost all my deaths seem to be linked to my jumping out windows without looking first.

Can anyone tell me who to post screen shot???
I would love to slow off my record ;)

I use a photo hosting site like photobucket. They'll let you upload and then provide links on how to directly embed into forums.

ytpu.png

It isn't much... But this is what i've been doing with my newest character. I only play PZ when I stream so people don't miss out on what I am doing. I'm currently roleplaying this character to be someone who is trying to take advantage of people by opening a supply store in the warehouse.(I even have items for sale in most of the counters. Working on the paint section when I stream next time) I'm also building a marketplace in the parking lot in the back as well as going to redue my farm + a safety wall perhaps. We'll see. xD. (I'm lucky enough to have found 1k nails up north : D)

gxLX2cr.jpg

My current and longest save. Also the first time I really used skill books. The outer wall isn't finished because I'm missing the master carpentry book. I have another temporary base at Twiggy's bar. I've raided the gun store, warehouses, storage units and about 40 houses. There isn't much "fun" stuff to do any more. Well, shotgun rampages in the downtown area are always nice.

sIMxfk9.jpg

My character died today  :razz:

2 Months and 3 days...My longest survive.... died playing hero.. brought a shotgun and ran straight into a horde..used up all my shells and got out from it barely... when I was taking a break and checking my inventory..A sprinter got me before I could react. Got bitten and ran back to my safe house and died their on top of my crops..

BTW thanks for instructing me posting pics  (clyde)

My current and longest save. Also the first time I really used skill books. The outer wall isn't finished because I'm missing the master carpentry book. I have another temporary base at Twiggy's bar. I've raided the gun store, warehouses, storage units and about 40 houses. There isn't much "fun" stuff to do any more. Well, shotgun rampages in the downtown area are always nice.

That is why im always asking for more zombie, we need a way to kept the tension, aka respawning zombie.

Good old Peter Clark has survived 6 months and 9 days.

You... you... HELP ME!

If this were multiplayer, I would :)

I just remember one of the podcasts, the developer mentioned that they wanted to make a game where you could survive as long as you didn't do any of the stupid things you see in the movies so that's been my guiding light.

I look before I leap, I don't push myself, I mosey along. Let them come back to you.  Make sure they're down.  Don't go out at night.  Be slow and thorough.

The forums and wiki have plenty of great tips.  The reddit forum is also chock full of helpful tips.

I'm by no means as far along as some of the other folks here.  I'm just slow and careful.  I'm also pretty proud of my main safehouse location (will post a screenie.  Im on the other side of the map trying to raid the rail yard atm).

Ok, when I try to survive there HAPPENS something wrong and then I die.

Last death today: So, I was strong etc. so I found a pan, some food, blablabla. I went to an house and found a cooking pot, I filled it with water and I've put it in the stove, then I've put in it even an egg and I turned it on, it didn't work and I used all my food, I was hungry so I ate the egg uncooked. Then I started to be sick and in pain, when, in the night, I died. :-| For an egg. :|

2 months, 8 days. Was doing the run for the Rail Yard topic when the game decided I was doing too good and screwed up all my saves. I could have survived forever too, with the rain barrels, fortifications, and farm. Heavy loss, but it's alpha, so I can't really say I didn't see it coming.

Here's my current main game. Going pretty well so far and I can basically go for a jog every morning to the main street to not only keep fit (spam sprint skill) but also to rack up a few kills! Usually once I find some ammo I like to run to main street and mop up a little. Not much ammo left in town though.

2d6veq9.jpg

Here's the skills

n365wn.jpg