Organization- New Skill and traits.

BentNose

I'm actually somewhat surprised that this isn't a skill within the game, although perhaps it was tested and disliked?

Primarily the suggestion is about making a new character skill called "Organization."

The suggestion works in two parts. With both parts improving as the character's level in the Organization Skill goes up.

1.)Stack weight reduction.

2.)Speed of transfer.

Seriously, packing is an underappreciated true-life skill. Being able to move things efficiently and put them quickly in their place a talent not everyone has. And it is one that truly escapes some poor individuals. This strikes me as a high order skill in the same vein as Strength or Fitness. The relevant Traits, Dextrous vs. All Thumbs and Disorganized vs. Organized could have their inherent effect weakened, but also apply an appropriate xp modifier. I'm aware that Strength raises basic character capacity, but having a bonus weight reduction to stacked items (up to a point) would be a very nice perk and reinforce the idea of a skilled organizer.

You could also have some new related character creation traits that have trade-offs or specific targets.

Crammer: increases transfer speed while reducing container capacity.
Meticulous: Lowers transfer speed while increasing container capacity.
Pockets: Add a hotbar slot, gives a fanny-pack.
Half-dressed: May accidentally shed clothing when exhausted or highly panicked.
Haphazard: Unable to increase container storage or personal capacity.

Occupation, Mover: Reduces furniture size and can pick-up or place items faster.

That transferring items takes visible time is a genius move on the part of the devs as far as I'm concerned, but it also draws attention. Having to watch that bar move means that some players are going to wonder why they can't make the bar move faster. Perhaps someone could attempt a mod to see if a new skill and traits around it would be ideal, but this is beyond me I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...