PZ Closes when trying to record w/OBS

Ohtrin

Question

Hello. Loving the game so far! The Animations update was really what this game needed to have that extra kick. :D

I have a copy of the game on steam with about 200 hours and I was feeling like recording myself doing a challenge for Youtube/Twitch (which was what got me into the game ^^). But whenever I try to capture the screen the game simple closes (even on the Menu screen). it shuts down so clean it almost doesn't feel like a crash.

I am using latest version of OBS and I am running both programs as adm (PZ and OBS). My PC is a Dell, Core i7 7th gen, GTX 1050Ti, 16 Gb of Ram.

I hope this problem can be solved without using another program to record it.

I imagine if it is really a crash it might generate a report file, where it would be stored? If it is related to some steam anti-piracy protection false positive interaction how do I work it out? (Again, I have it on my steam library)

1 answer to this question

The crash logs would be in C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid, specifically the "console.txt" contains the log from the last game you played. So after it crashes you can share that log by attaching it to your message.
Other than that, have you tried running the game in windowed / borderless mode and see if it still crashes? Maybe the computer cannot handle the fullscreen when switching to OBS and recording it.

Archived