Crossing the East river

Grelko

I've slowly been starting to play this game as more of a "wilderness survival" instead. Gathering up a lot of seeds, antique stove, and anything else I feel like bringing and slowly build my way across the main river on the far East side of the map.  Basically going completely off-grid instead of living in town or close to it.

(If you start from the top of a building or stairs, then create a long path, make a window on the far side with a sheet rope. Climb down the rope and build stairs back up to the path, you can use a sledgehammer to destroy the path and leave no trace that you ever made it.)  To this day, noone has ever found any of my bases in multiplayer. 8-)

I figured I would try this, seeing that I've already made numerous floating houses, mazes with traps, giant fortresses, drawn pictures on the map, etc.  I've even built stairs up a few levels over a fence, then a path through the sky across a large field, just so that I could sneak into a window of the college, without zombies attacking everytime I tried walking or driving over to it. (Which actually worked very good and I made off with close to 500 kg of food before any zombies even showed up haha.)

I haven't explored much of this side of the map yet, but I don't think there's any foraging areas or buildings. I'm just wandering around for now. Next game I will be planting crops, fishing and trapping to survive.

I did this with zombies turned off, so I don't know if they would even spawn over here.

Incase anyone wants to try this, it takes around 277 planks or so, to make enough floorboards for a 1 tile wide path, depending on what section of the river it is. Eventually, I will make it wide enough for a vehicle to cross.

Maybe I will build a small town over on this side of the map.

It would be nice to see something added to this side of the map someday.

Have any of you tried this yet?

pz1.jpg

Archived