Can't kill zombies!

Nordstage

I'll just get straight to my issue:

Just now I equipped a golf club, found a zombie isolated, sneaked up on him and hit him. He fell over, got up, I kept hammering him and getting hits on him (blood, knockback etc) but all in all it takes about 10 or so hits to kill him.

I have no issue with the game being hard, but I do want to be able to take out zombies in one shot (yes, I hold right mouse button for a while as said in the guide before I swing).

I am aware of the sandbox settings which I will try now with lowering their strength and all.

Guess I'm just wondering what I am doing wrong  :shock:.

Golf club isn't a great weapon... a crowbar or bat will easily do twice as much damage.

The best damage you can get is axe (2Handed), followed by spiked bat or spade (both 2H, comparable), then normal bat (2H), then crowbar (1H I think), then pool cue or frying pan... then your 2H golf club.

I'm not sure what damage loss you face going 1H with a 2H weapon... I know there is one but I don't know the numbers to put those into my comparative list.

With a better weapon you'll have better luck.  Put down the golf club when you get something better. :)

It's worth noting that a golf club would probably take 10+ hits to deal significant damage to the human brain other than concussions and contusions, which doesn't have much effect on the brain stem and would likely not kill a zombie =D

The head of a golf club is a fairly heavy, hard mass with a decently small striking surface. You can put a fair amount of force into a swing. I'm confident repeated hits, or even a good single one, would cause more damage to the human skull than just bruises.

When you're holding your weapon behind your head by holding 'CTRL' and then holding 'ATTACK BUTTON' (Default 'LEFTCLICK'.) The longer you hold it, the harder the hit, it's up to a certain limit you can't just hold it half a hour and send a zombie into space.

Also holding right click is the same as CTRL.

I am guessing you ment left click, and no it isn't when holding left click you have to swing after you let to stop sneaking/attack mode. When you hold CTRL you can just hold it and let go and you won't have to swing after you let go. This is the best I can explain it, and I don't know if you will get what I am trying to say unless you try holding left click and holding CTRL your self. (sorry tried my best) 

I'll just get straight to my issue:

Just now I equipped a golf club, found a zombie isolated, sneaked up on him and hit him. He fell over, got up, I kept hammering him and getting hits on him (blood, knockback etc) but all in all it takes about 10 or so hits to kill him.

I have no issue with the game being hard, but I do want to be able to take out zombies in one shot (yes, I hold right mouse button for a while as said in the guide before I swing).

I am aware of the sandbox settings which I will try now with lowering their strength and all.

Guess I'm just wondering what I am doing wrong  :shock:.

Two things, firstly you must charge you attacks before swinging i,e if you swing 20 times consectively it will make your attacks weaker, plan them well usually its between life or death, secondly golf club is a mid-tier weapon, try and aim for a baseball bat or a kitchen knife

Archived