[41.46] Feedback - Broken leg & Stamina movement, Fitness exercises, Some melee feedback (stomping, getting grabbed)

3lackrose

This was played with a character with close to zero strength, fitness and skills.

(With a broken leg)

Movement:

When standing, the limping/impaired movement looks and feels okay.

When crouching, the character moves faster than when standing normal. They can also jog and move fairly fast (while crouched), the movement looks like it completely ignores having a broken leg (it doesn't feel right).

So basically you are better off moving crouched to be able to move around faster with a broken leg. Overall i feel the crouched movement shouldn't surpass the speed that the character can move at while standing normal.

Depending on the healing stage the character can also perform sprints, this doesn't feel right at all with a broken leg.

Low Stamina & Movement:

When getting below around 5% stamina (pretty much running out of stamina), the character will suddendly stop freeze/moving and gets "stuck" in a running pose (the animation won't move though). This seem to happen if the character is attempting and able to jog, but out of almost out of stamina. (Note: For this part i had around 2-3 points in sprinting) It doesn't feel seamless/organic when transitioning  from running super tired  to a complete freeze/stop, also can be dangerous when running and having an hungry horde behind your back.

Exercising:

Exercising seems to be something to do if the player wants to stay sheltered in a safe place and completely avoid taking risks. The stength/fitness gains are rather slow, perhaps it's a decent way to build some initial fitness or even strength if there are no other options at the beginning.

The character cannot exercise when in pain, i think this is okay. However, you can ignore that and still go chopping trees to build strength or melee zombies, the gains seem actually better than exercising and you can do it while in pain. Chopping trees also gives some good maintenance points.

To build sprinting skill and some fitness, you can make the character jog in a wall/corner, they won't move anywhere and you'll still get the skill and some very mild fitness. This can be done while in pain. So it's something you could do if you want to build some fitness level while in pain and can't use the excercise feature as well.

Perhaps squats and jumping jacks/burpees should't be and option when having a broken leg (seeing the character doing these exercises with a broken leg doesn't feel right).

Melee stomping & getting grabbed:

I happen to miss a bit too often stomping zombies heads or in general, it's a bit of not positioning rotating correctly, but it's also difficult to tell if i'm in a good position and where the kick will land.

I'm not sure if it's considered a bug, but mostly for feedback:

In a couple of occasions i also happened to get "stunlocked" by getting grabbed from zombies, this happens when there are 3-4 around the character and you are trying to get away from them; basically a zombie locks you in the grabbing animation, when you get free from that the next zombies grabs you, so you almost can't move at all and this can result eventually in a death.

Perhaps would be nice to have an action to forcibly snap away form the zombies, at the cost of more stamina; or even as a bonus with a related custom trait, or even perhaps an additional bonus when in panic if you have the adrenaline junkie perk.

Edited by 3lackrose
Adding more lines