Does my Character have Glaucoma?

wanderinbilly

So anyways, I keep getting surprised by "more zeds than I thought there were" and I think this might be one of the reasons why. Note when the toon is looking forward she can even spot a zed behind and to the left of her. Is she simply turns to left YIKES - there 4 zeds there. So we can see something almost completely behind us but not to our side? Is that on purpose? (I went into ghost mode to test this obv - 41 zeds are f'in vicious, whether I spot them or not, lol)

Barrista2Forward.jpg

Barrista2LookingLeft.jpg

There's quite a few factors that affect your character's vision. In perfect conditions (bright, cloudless day, character is calm, well-rested etc.) your character's vision cone is almost 180 degrees, but if it's dark or your character is Panicking/fatigued he'll start getting more of a tunnel vision. 

39 minutes ago, Burger_Time said:

There's quite a few factors that affect your character's vision. In perfect conditions (bright, cloudless day, character is calm, well-rested etc.) your character's vision cone is almost 180 degrees, but if it's dark or your character is Panicking/fatigued he'll start getting more of a tunnel vision. 

Well yeah - and that's great, vision being affected by environmental factors but what does that have to do with this situaon? lol I love the idea of a panicking character's vision narrowing - not that she's anywhere near that. Srsly, she's a little tired, a little anxious but has the brave trait.  - maybe it's cloudy so she can see behind herself but not right or left?  It does not explain being able to see something almost behind you while simultaneously not able to see anything direct to your side - like, not at all imo.  I did add a bad vision trait but I thought that was near sightedness. ...crap, I didn't test this w/ glasses and there is a freakin' glasses store nearby! 

Ah... Why does hearing need to be simulated? I mean, we can freakin' hear, right? I mean what, I'm hearing them wheeze behind me so I can "visualize" them in my mind? 😂 It seems to make a lot more sense to be able to see 4 zeds in your peripheral vision. Loving 41 overall obv - like playing for the first time even at moments. Nonetheless, IMO, that vision thing  blows goats. 

4 hours ago, wanderinbilly said:

Ah... Why does hearing need to be simulated? I mean, we can freakin' hear, right? I mean what, I'm hearing them wheeze behind me so I can "visualize" them in my mind? 😂 It seems to make a lot more sense to be able to see 4 zeds in your peripheral vision. Loving 41 overall obv - like playing for the first time even at moments. Nonetheless, IMO, that vision thing  blows goats. 

Vision here is a proxy for the aural I imagine, since we wouldn't get that kind of precision (necessary at that dangerous range) through audio cues alone.

Archived