Modern Linothorax

Crotchfire

Was just reading about linothorax armor and thought: "hey, this stuff would be relatively easy to make with modern materials."

My suggestion is this, have a book in the game that gives you the recipe to make linothorax armor pieces, given sufficient ripped sheets, adhesive (glue, etc.  Maybe a mechanic for getting tree sap, iono), and sufficiently high tailoring skill.  It'd be lightweight, durable, very good at protecting against bites, and wouldn't overheat the PC.  Wouldn't be able to provide full protection against bites on all areas, though, because you wouldn't be able to have it cover all your joints effectively.

You'd have to get the recipe from a book, too, because most people anywhere, much less rural Kentucky, won't have heard of this type of armor.

Armor is a tentative yes from the devs. Leather armor is predicated on cows or at least hunting animals for pelts. Metal armor would need a whole mining system to make it actually functional and renewable. I wouldn't expect makeshift armor until then, but I would love to see a progression system that includes something like this included. Maybe there could be a type of makeshift armor for each part of the body, and this would be the chestplate piece. I don't know how I feel about locking it behind a magazine, but I do think it should require a moderate tailoring skill to pull off effectively. Imagine a survivor with a sheet breastplate, bubble wrap guards, a football helmet, tin foil boots, and leggings made from book covers. Would be epicly pathetic and desperate. Definitely fitting of the PZ atmosphere