IWBUMS 41.46 released

Batsphinx

12 minutes ago, nasKo said:

Seeing worse elsewhere is hardly a good argument against decency or for us having to take whatever is flung at us on our own forums while not being allowed to be sarcastic when we drop a hint that people are expected to remain civil.

Alright. I didn't want to continue this, but where I was not civil and what did I throw at you? I only pointed out that the balance is unbalanced without any offensive words.

What times we live in, everyone finds a reason to be offended even by harmless messages.

13 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

- Hood/bonnet now repairable with metal sheets + screws or torch

Hallelujah.png

Finally an use for the (until now) useless screws, and a way so I don't have to steal every hood in all of Mul and beyond.

That said tho, was the screw boxes' spawn rate rebalanced/buffed a bit? They were rather rare before, and I reckon they shouldn't be now. Maybe give them a similar balance to the Nails?

30 minutes ago, NoctisFalco said:

Alright. I didn't want to continue this, but where I was not civil and what did I throw at you? I only pointed out that the balance is unbalanced without any offensive words.

What times we live in, everyone finds a reason to be offended even by harmless messages.

I've probably read more passive aggressiveness into it than you intended, then. My bad.

5 hours ago, Uesbecko said:

Hey guys good work as always but can you please make some optimization for Intel hd graphics beacose it s crashing sometimes (maybe it s only on my graphics card) randomly. To me it s happening since first build 41 but i still playing. On my nvidia i has no crashes. thanks and good luck :)

I have Intel HD Graphics 620 and I have the same problems as you. I suspect their is a memory leak within the game because the game consistently crashes after 20 minutes of playtime.

21 minutes ago, nasKo said:

I've probably read more passive aggressiveness into it than you intended, then. My bad.

Huh, my words were passive aggressive then, ok. You've read too much Sarcasm for beginners, mr. Community Manager, instead of Online Community Management for <choose_yourself>.

I better logout before I write something that you'll consider aggressive xD

12 minutes ago, NoctisFalco said:

Huh, my words were passive aggressive then, ok. You've read too much Sarcasm for beginners, mr. Community Manager, instead of Online Community Management for <choose_yourself>.

Too late.

29 minutes ago, valkyrienyanko said:

I have Intel HD Graphics 620 and I have the same problems as you. I suspect their is a memory leak within the game because the game consistently crashes after 20 minutes of playtime.

The way Intel integrated graphics works on Windows is by storing two copies of textures; one in ram and one in ram dedicated to the gpu (but is actually system ram as well).

So, say you have an 8 gb laptop and we have 2.5 gb of textures (now 5 because of Intel’s implementation). The game itself needs around 2.5 gb. After some time, there’ll only be 500 mb left for Windows and it’ll crash.

Tl;dr: intel integrated graphics are kind-of their own memory leak.

29 minutes ago, NoctisFalco said:

What a turnaround.

Damn boys, i was on board with your game since the very first public alpha where's the first thing you do is suffocate your wife xD. If o remember correctly i was discussing it with my friend back in 2014 when we first found it on some sort of indie-games website and just hoping to play together one day. The game was promising back then, then, with build 39-40, it became good and now guys you're making it great. I was so surprised to come back to this game with 1 year window and find it in such outstanding shape. I wish there was more late-game material, but i know your plate is full now with work on multiplayer and such. I don't know where I'm going with this, i guess i just want to thank you for your work and dedication to the game.

so someone else asked this very early but i didn't see a response yet. is it required to start a new game to find trailers or will they appear in places that i have not yet been? it's possible i'll find out for myself before(if) this gets an answer, but someone else might wonder the same thing and come looking.

EDIT: I drove to a neighboring town that i had not yet been to in this playthrough and found vehicles with trailers attached. So, no you do not need to start a new game if it is possible and you are willing to travel to an area that you have not yet visited.

Edited by iamzid
answered my own question.

2 hours ago, rusler86 said:

Damn boys, i was on board with your game since the very first public alpha where's the first thing you do is suffocate your wife xD. If o remember correctly i was discussing it with my friend back in 2014 when we first found it on some sort of indie-games website and just hoping to play together one day. The game was promising back then, then, with build 39-40, it became good and now guys you're making it great. I was so surprised to come back to this game with 1 year window and find it in such outstanding shape. I wish there was more late-game material, but i know your plate is full now with work on multiplayer and such. I don't know where I'm going with this, i guess i just want to thank you for your work and dedication to the game.

Exactly how I felt coming back to Vehicle Update after not playing since 2014. This Build has been the best probably ever. Each minor update to it has been so jampacked with new content, bugfixes, and balancing changes. It's been so awesome. Can't wait for B41 to finally have a stable release so we can have it all there in MP

i made a new game and went all through muldraugh street by street, not a single trailer in the entire town. that took some doing.. now i have to fill up again and head to rose wood to see if there is one there.. oh, and this is with HIGH vehicle spawn settings cause i figured it would help.. nope they are SUPER rare if not even one is in entire town lol.

20 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

- Added support for custom decals, clothing and outfits in mods.
    Each mod may have it's own copy of these files:
        media/fileGuidTable.xml
        media/clothing/clothing.xml
        media/clothing/clothingDecals.xml
    The above mod files no longer override the game's files with the same name.
    Mod decal groups and outfits with the same name as one the game defines will override the game's.

- Added support for custom beard styles and hair styles in mods.

spacer.png

Edited by tommysticks
niccce

6 hours ago, iamzid said:

so someone else asked this very early but i didn't see a response yet. is it required to start a new game to find trailers or will they appear in places that i have not yet been? it's possible i'll find out for myself before(if) this gets an answer, but someone else might wonder the same thing and come looking.

EDIT: I drove to a neighboring town that i had not yet been to in this playthrough and found vehicles with trailers attached. So, no you do not need to start a new game if it is possible and you are willing to travel to an area that you have not yet visited.

Thanks for the answer ! 

Can't way to try this

Just an observation i had with the trailers. The towbar that connects the trailer to the car has no shadow.

You can also tow a car that has no wheels, and removing for example the front wheels doesn't make the car sink (e.g. how the trailers react to only having 2 wheels and being disconnected from a car)

Edited by Kappatao

I don't get it yo, does the trailer mod work with this? or did the trailer attachment mod merged with the PZ devs and become one? same with the car tow one. Also do the trailers spawn in game or do I gotta spawn them manually via debug? I missed that being mentioned.

Is anyone else having issues whereby all zombies are spawning with very little clothing? 

The majority are only in their underwear, with a few in the occasional t-shirt or jeans? 

I have a few mods enabled, but nothing which adds/changes clothing or affects zombie spawns. 

28 minutes ago, Kaje said:

Is anyone else having issues whereby all zombies are spawning with very little clothing? 

The majority are only in their underwear, with a few in the occasional t-shirt or jeans? 

I have a few mods enabled, but nothing which adds/changes clothing or affects zombie spawns. 

Maybe it has something to do with mods? I dont have this issue and i dont use mods

• nasKo unpinned this topic