Air conditioning

covet o5

You can add an air conditioner in any house and a remote control to it by adjusting the temperature in the room, for example, it's cold outside, you turned on a heater (air conditioner) into the house and it becomes warm in the room, like, for example, in a car, a heater can also be made so that they can be removed and fastened to another room. just for example, let's imagine you are cold, there is no Comin and a caster in the house, well, such a thing, so it's not a bad option to implement it, I think it's not difficult, but there you can modify it yourself, I hope you add this.

I think this is a planned feature because right now, all houses have moderate temperatures in summer, but will be too cold in winter without heat. Would be fun to scav car AC and ceiling fan parts to create your own cooling system. Maybe they would even add full AC units that could be moved with enough electrical.

• 7 months later...

With this climate change, it's a must to have ac in the room; otherwise, you may die of such heat. How do you cope with this, guys? I feel suffocated in my house. I have installed ac in almost every room. Okay, it's not me installing them. It's just a talented team and super responsible. These guys took care of my heating repair Florida one week ago, when I felt how the temperature rose and rose. Just a call distance and they were at my door, asking what the problem is. The problem, man, is that I can't breathe in my house. One hour and they checked everything. The dirty filters, of course, the main hassles.

Edited by AmyLawrence

• 4 weeks later...

I feel this gets stated a lot on the forum, but the game is set in 1993. We weren't feeling the impact of climate change nearly as much as nowadays.

Air conditioning was a thing then, but they were not as common back then as they are now, but more importantly, remotes to adjust them may not have existed quite that early. Although I would really like he ability to adjust the temperature in a room though. Thermostats were a thing then. 

It could also add an interesting layer by forcing the player to use an AC unit already installed, or to install one themselves, in order to cool the house to a temperature lower than the outside temp. With the relevant skill level to do so, of course. You can already pick up and place the units that are already installed on some buildings, and this could add some functionality, value and immersion all in one.

Ceiling fans, of desk/floor fans could add some radius of cooler temperature, like fire radiates warmth that fades over distance from the source. Open windows could create varying levels of draft, influenced by the out door weather.

I imagine an expansion on the temperature system is on the devs radar. But until they do, I'll just have to deal with the annoyance of stripping my character down every time I go inside a powered building on a very cold sandbox playthrough, just to avoid being moistened to death.

3 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

I imagine an expansion on the temperature system is on the devs radar

It has to be. I mean, right now, you hop into a car in the middle of summer and it can be 100 degrees in there. Having a working A/C unit in your vehicle is super important if you don't want to get Hyperthermia. No matter how hot it is outside, though, you take one step inside a metal trailer and it's always a comfortable room temperature. It just doesn't make sense unless they purposely made it that way while they have a more realistic indoor heat mechanic on the backburner. Very Hot Sandbox playthroughs are ridiculously easy as well. While Winter and Snow are serious, deadly survival challenges; Summer and Heat Waves are basically minor inconveniences. Most people don't even know Hyperthermia is a thing in the game. I've only ever seen Overheating from being overdressed or forgetting the A/C in the car for a couple minutes.

3 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

Ceiling fans, of desk/floor fans could add some radius of cooler temperature, like fire radiates warmth that fades over distance from the source. Open windows could create varying levels of draft, influenced by the out door weather.

I imagine when devs eventually get around to adding this into the game, all of these will be factors. I picture A/C units and fans being loud and attracting zombies, forcing you to manage your base's temperature in the summer while balancing the volume level. Alternatively, you could open windows to allow airflow in (wind could play a factor in this since it's already built into the game), but it would obviously allow zombies an easy in for their next dinner. Knowing how in-depth the PZ devs like to go with these kinds of things, I wouldn't be surprised if like light and other electrical devices played a factor. Too hot? Close the curtains and turn off all the lights and the place will start to cool off. Have a bunch of TVs, radios, and fridges running in a tight space? It might just heat up the room even more. Building/wall type would probably play a factor as well. Places like trailers and storage units would probably heat up quickly since they are small rooms with large metal surfaces. Old, wooden buildings and player built bases will probably have natural airflow and wont heat up as much. Big, drafty rooms like the kinds in warehouses and factories would probably stay the coldest. Maybe even body temperature could affect the heat in a space. A bunch of players all sleeping in one room will probably wake up sweaty and overheating.