Complete Loss of Dignity.

hyansith

Made my way to Siffos restaurant and immediately began collecting their food. Managed to get everything I wanted into two bags but I had a total of 11 weight; after a careful re-planning and ditching so of my less valuable gear I still had too much stuff. Ended up walking home in the dark in my underpants as a horde of zombies tried to admire my ass.

I, drunk in the real world, was hungry and decided to cook a pizza. In the game, I returned from a day of scavanging, and thought my character must be hungry. Such hard work deserved a feast,so I put a pot of tasty soup in the oven. While it was cooking I began unpacking my spoils for the day. Drunkenly forgetting the soup, I sent my character to bed. Awaking consumed in flames, my character attempted to flee the burning safe house. In his final breaths, he realized he was a bit peckish. I didn't learn my lesson. In the real world I forgot the pizza. For the second time that day, flames consumed my endeavors.

I, drunk in the real world, was hungry and decided to cook a pizza. In the game, I returned from a day of scavanging, and thought my character must be hungry. Such hard work deserved a feast,so I put a pot of tasty soup in the oven. While it was cooking I began unpacking my spoils for the day. Drunkenly forgetting the soup, I sent my character to bed. Awaking consumed in flames, my character attempted to flee the burning safe house. In his final breaths, he realized he was a bit peckish. I didn't learn my lesson. In the real world I forgot the pizza. For the second time that day, flames consumed my endeavors.

This man wins.

i stopped playing drunk.... i lost quite a few good games through that. Complete lack of discretion. Out comes the shotgun.... Once again my composure is lost. 

And these are the times we find ourselves losing our dignity..... i've yet to eat dog food, but there is nothing happy about standing in a patch of forest overnight in a women's blouse because you have no idea where you are or why you left the house. :D

This thread is epic I can't stop laughing..

My loss of dignity was when I was attacked by zombies in a house and I was trapped, no food and barely awake armed with a butter knife I retreated to the second floor because they already over run the ground floor and fought them off with a butter knife and as I killed the last zombie I got bitten on the ass cheek by a crawler out of no where (must have warped through a wall) and it bit me and I turned around and fell out of a window and died...

LOL

I can imagine my character awakening as a zombie with broken legs just like the thing which bit me.

Many moons ago I back when surviving was a cakewalk I stocked up a mega amount of goods and huddled away for something like 6 months before one of those maniac survivor AIs decided to burst his way through my double barricaded doors; bringing with him a legion of the undead. 

I knew it was over, but I just couldn't accept my death. My swinging lasted twenty minutes before I finally got overwhelmed. Going through countless weapons. I may of made it if it wasn't for the idea that if I fixed the problem with quick measures (shotgun, yeah, guess what happened next) it'd go away -- it just made the situation worse. 

Many moons ago I back when surviving was a cakewalk I stocked up a mega amount of goods and huddled away for something like 6 months before one of those maniac survivor AIs decided to burst his way through my double barricaded doors; bringing with him a legion of the undead. 

I knew it was over, but I just couldn't accept my death. My swinging lasted twenty minutes before I finally got overwhelmed. Going through countless weapons. I may of made it if it wasn't for the idea that if I fixed the problem with quick measures (shotgun, yeah, guess what happened next) it'd go away -- it just made the situation worse. 

Did you lose your clothes in the process and fall back to a toilet and spend your last seconds trying to drink the toilet water? haha

1. Getting the moodlet that told me I was cold. Scrounging around for a blouse instead of a vest. Finally finding a sweater in one of the houses. Being so incredibly excited about said sweater, thinking I would finally be warm! Put the sweater on and I was still cold. Started to get sick. Started to complain to my friends over Skype. WHY WASN'T THE SWEATER HELPING?! Realizing I was not wearing any pants... >.<

2. During the demo I was upset that my wife was injured and went through the cabinets looking for bandages. Found what I needed as well as a pillow. Went to the bed and bandaged my wife. Tried to offer her the pillow for her head, maybe to elevate her leg? I don't know. I wanted her to be comfortable. Accidentally smothering my wife with said pillow and receiving a picture of her in my inventory. I remember yelling, "OH MY GOD!" and covering my face with my hands. I felt so bad. lmao

Trying to figure out why I always end up without shoes or pants (in the game that is).

Still don't know what I am doing to engender this "cavalier" attitude.

I don't know how many rage inducing friggen times I have been freezing my arse of in game, only to realise I was actually freezing my arse of in game.

It always seems to happen when I am overloaded from a looting run. I am sure my avatar has either nudist tendencies, or just fails to appreciate the sense of safety pants bring to a zombie apocalypse. Screw the shotgun or baseball bat, in my house a glass cabinet reads "In event of apocalypse, break for pants".

My most degrading death (From a meagre selection of 3 currently). Was dying in the cold, the rain, infected, without pants/vest and armed only with my good intentions and a snazzy pair of slippers. Still remember seeing my tragic corpse lying between the medical centre and the grocery store, and thinking the PZ equivalent of THATS XCOM BABY.

I've never lost my shoes... They, along with my Baseball Bat, Axe, and bag full of Chips are still my greatest ally in game. 

This thread continues to make me LoL. So many funny stories. 

I think they should implement more elements to encourage the loss of dignity. I mean eating dry noodles is pretty bad but Dogfood Salad? Rat Soup? 

New at the game, I went into a house to find loot, and acquired a TV dinner. I thought it would be OK to throw it in the oven while I searched upstairs. I went up to find several zombies, fought them and had to retreat. Downstairs I found the kitchen engulfed in flames. So I became as panicked as my character, ran back upstairs to find the zombies still pursuing me. As a last ditch effort I tried to bail out of a window from the second floor. I sustained severe injuries on impact and died immediately after. =(

I leave the stove on (accidentally) during the K&B tutorial, and head back upstairs to chat with my wounded wife. Suddenly the fire alarm goes off in the middle of our conversation, and I freak out. I rush downstairs and see the fire spreading in the kitchen from where I'm standing at the base of the stairs, so I begin running for the front door. 

Meanwhile, I'm on Teamspeak with my friends, and one of them tells me I can pick my wife up to save her. 

I sprint back upstairs, run up to the bed, pick up Kate, and then make my way back downstairs to beeline for the front door. The fire has spread to the archway by now. I open the door and begin walking forward, but I am greeted by a massive horde of zombies on the other side. Before I can even react, they rip my wife out of my hands and tear her to shreds before me. 

I retreat back to the center of the room, covered in blood, and I just watch in horror as my wife is reduced to a pool of blood. In my broken state I sprinted through the flames in the kitchen to run out into the back yard, but my shattered frame and soul succumb to anguish.

It was fucking nuts, and I loved every moment of it.