Player zombies

stormsson

I understand this could be a really difficult thing to do, also because i don't know if you have a server-side service that could do it, but anyway ,let's suppose this could be done:

What i suggest is, basically to take something from the idea of ZombiU :

Every time a player dies, the server checks for how many days the player survived.

The server holds a list of n players (let's say 50).

if the died player's lasting time is in the top n,the server list is updated.

Then, you can give credit to the player by placing a "vip zombie" with his name (his steam account name ?)for the next month. 

maybe with some extra loot,since because it was a long time survivor...

Once / month the clients receive the 50 names via steam,and the players will find long time survivors zombies. 

It would be interesting to join this with a "diary" object,that contains how many days the player lived.

edit: this title sucks :| could a mod please adjust it to something more comprehensible? don't know: dead players zombies ?

If you die on the server, and your body is zombified and is now a walking hunk of meat looking for its next meal I think you should just have like nothing more than what you died with, and a little ID card telling who you are and how long you survived.

P.S. Hes not saying player controlled zombies, hes saying have some extra loot on the players that died, and a little notification.

(I hope I understood what you were trying to say.  ;-) )

If you die on the server, and your body is zombified and is now a walking hunk of meat looking for its next meal I think you should just have like nothing more than what you died with, and a little ID card telling who you are and how long you survived.

P.S. Hes not saying player controlled zombies, hes saying have some extra loot on the players that died, and a little notification.

(I hope I understood what you were trying to say.  ;-) )

oh, ok, well then thats a fine idea.  :)

It's kinda more complex than that. Remember that zombies are/will be handled in an abstract manner; when off screen they'll be stored within the game's meta game, not physically positioned as such. I understand the suggestion though, if not for a new system a single new zed reanimating from dead bodies will only add one or so to the population, so not exactly noticeable.

I think it's a little over the top for an entire new feature, then, when this game is primarily based on realism. Zombies shouldn't have 'extra' objects on them, either, really.  

It's kinda more complex than that. Remember that zombies are/will be handled in an abstract manner; when off screen they'll be stored within the game's meta game, not physically positioned as such. I understand the suggestion though, if not for a new system a single new zed reanimating from dead bodies will only add one or so to the population, so not exactly noticeable.

I think it's a little over the top for an entire new feature, then, when this game is primarily based on realism. Zombies shouldn't have 'extra' objects on them, either, really.  

Well, the fact they are not phisically positioned is also an advantage: nobody except the dead player knows where he did exactly die,so he can be generated in any position.

The same thing is for the inventory: it's complex to have the exact inventory ( also those data should be transfered to the server and to the client later), but it's easier to have let's say 10-15 pre-made "premium" inventories to attach to those zombies randomly

Also ,the way to distinguish them could be just a different graphic sprite: maybe zombie with a bag.

Since the game is based on realism, i believe it's not so strange to find other dead players...

I dont understand the "houldn't have 'extra' objects on them" part: if 99% of the world is dead it's not so odd to have someone who died with something more in their pockets/bag ...

Also a point that should be mentioned here is that PZ is not a scoreboard type game. I personally am against scoreboards in the game and I know a few others who are too. Imo the idea of PZ is not to survive the longest, but to immerse yourself in the situations.