Foraging- Tired vs. Fatigued

trombonaught

A few searches in and I haven't found a dedicated discussion for this, so...

Why does foraging put you to sleep? Running, fighting, presumably exercising (haven't tried it) all bring fatigue. But foraging wrecks your sleep schedule? It seems inconsistent both logically in real terms and thematically in light of how other forms of exertion are handled in the game.

I'll routinely call 10pm bedtime in-game, and while this doesn't always play out perfectly it feels like my bedtimes align with night time. But one good round of foraging will make for a 4pm bed time and a morning that begins at 2am.

This feels broken to me. Anyone else? Is there something I'm missing here that this would be intentional?

6 hours ago, trombonaught said:

This feels broken to me. Anyone else? Is there something I'm missing here that this would be intentional?

I join. This is terribly annoying. I agree about the balance, but the character's fatigue rate is hypertrophied ... it would be more reasonable to reduce the influence by 50%.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:11 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Mind numbing tedium and balancing an infinite food source.

Good points, and I haven't done too much of it myself in rl buuut I didn't find it mind numbing or tedious at all on a few trips (might feel different knowing I had a backpack full of food and gear but like... it wasn't tiring 🤷‍♂️).

For the balancing, maybe values could be reduced? 5 or 10 hunger seems like a huge reward for a handful of berries for example. I feel like something closer to the range of 1 and 3 would be better-balanced values.

Archived