MRE Ration

Tijuuan Wit

Good idea. They could last forever and be average nutrition and calories. Would have be very rare to find though if added. I'm sure bunkers will be a big thing when basements are finally added. Surely, many bunkers would be stocked with these. Could be cool if maybe another helicopter-type event could happen where a military plane airdropped a big supply of MREs somewhere. Risk vs reward would be sweet for pulling an op like that.

There is an MRE mod in the workshop. It's overpowered frankly, and you can find them on literally any sort of zombie, but it's thematically very nice.

If they could be de-tuned and made to drop in thematically applicable situations they would be great. Military outposts. Cabins in the woods. Soldiers and outdoors-men. Vehicle trunks and glove boxes.

I'd think that MRE's will have to be handled carefully as they would be a really powerful food item. Most MRE's are not just a single meal, they have multiple compenants to them, the standard US Military MRE often has 2 meals and a series of basic snacks and some even have basic survival stuff like windproof matches, alcohol wipes and heating pouches.

Plus, I think MRE's need to have actions in opening the pouches. A sealed pouch is said to be good for 5 years with good storage options but once opened it could last anywhere from 6 months to a year.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2020 at 10:18 AM, DrakeVanders said:

I'd think that MRE's will have to be handled carefully as they would be a really powerful food item. Most MRE's are not just a single meal, they have multiple compenants to them, the standard US Military MRE often has 2 meals and a series of basic snacks and some even have basic survival stuff like windproof matches, alcohol wipes and heating pouches.

Plus, I think MRE's need to have actions in opening the pouches. A sealed pouch is said to be good for 5 years with good storage options but once opened it could last anywhere from 6 months to a year.

Yeah, there is a mod, as someone mentioned, and in the mod there's:

Open MRE, which gives you, I think all the different items.

Main meal, hot sauce, fruit, snack, spread, coffee packet, beverage packet (sugar), and sugar free beverage. Ohh.. and a flameless heater.

Then the actions are: insert(?!) hot sauce, heat meal, eat. Spread peanut butter/cheese onto crackers. Add water to dehydrated fruit. And open the coffee packet. Oh, and make one of the beverages. When you open the coffee packet, I think it contains coffee, sugar, and creamer.

It's definitely a bit too detailed, but they're also a bit too abundant. So far, that's not an issue because none of my characters live long enough to depend on them.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:18 PM, DrakeVanders said:

5 years they say in the date (even salt have an best b4 and salt will last for ever) stamp butt MER from WW 1 its still ok to eat! As al other type of cand food.