Pushing Zombies down stairs

Luxiser

So I thought about a feature that would maybe safe lives! I think it would be cool to be able to push Zombies while they are walking up the stairs. So when they fall, the fall the whole stairs down, and the Zombies that are behind the falling Zombie, are falling down with him, when the falling Zombie hits the others. But I think I would give it a - point, it should create alot of noise.

I apologize for my bad english*

I actually kind of like this idea, in principle. I think it would be fun and beneficial if pushing zombies down a set of stairs might cause them to stumble for longer, or until they reach the bottom of the stairs, if not fall over entirely. The Devs could tweak this to be as effective as they want, and if they're feeling especially generous, could do exactly as you said and have other zombies stumble or fall over as a result, too.

It'd help turn stairs into an actual useful terrain, instead of a weird bottleneck that you can't really use effectively.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 4:49 AM, Fuzzy Wolfy said:

I actually kind of like this idea, in principle. I think it would be fun and beneficial if pushing zombies down a set of stairs might cause them to stumble for longer, or until they reach the bottom of the stairs, if not fall over entirely. The Devs could tweak this to be as effective as they want, and if they're feeling especially generous, could do exactly as you said and have other zombies stumble or fall over as a result, too.

It'd help turn stairs into an actual useful terrain, instead of a weird bottleneck that you can't really use effectively.

Yeah, without a good physics system in the game, it's hard to imagine zombies actually "falling" down stairs. However, coding it in so knockback keeps occurring if stumbling down stairs should be very easy. Falling could have a chance of injuring them or even turning them into a crawler. Maybe if you push a zed from the top of the stairs, and they fall the whole level, they might even bust their skull and die! Zombies all have hitboxes as well so it shouldn't be hard to make it so one can cause another to fall as well. Maybe if the staircase is congested, they will actually "catch" the zed and keep him standing so it isn't overpowered.

What about players though? Can a survivor fall down stairs? Jogging/Sprinting up or down stairs should have a very high chance of causing a fall which would cause scaling damage based on how far you fall and how fast you were moving. Panic, injuries, and the Clumsy Trait could increase these odds. This would give stairs the huge strategic benefit of allowing you to slow down and even kill zombies, but the massive negative of potentially getting trapped upstairs or falling and getting injured while running up or down.