Advanced building mechanics

Helvius

Alow for more creative building experiences with new carpentry and metalworking wall shapes, doors, roofing, etc. I would like to be able to construct buildings with triangular roofing like normal houses. The ability to construct garage doors would also be a very welcome quality of life change. Effective base defenses like traps, electric fences, scrap metal or wooden floor/wall/window spikes, etc would also be a fun thing to have. More plumbing/irrigation would be nice as well. Eg, routing water from a rain barrel to a drip system that waters crops over time. Maybe a modder has done this somewhere, Im not sure. But it would be great to have this in vanilla. As I feel the building system is rather limited because of how few options you have.

16 hours ago, Helvius said:

More plumbing/irrigation would be nice as well. Eg, routing water from a rain barrel to a drip system that waters crops over time. Maybe a modder has done this somewhere, Im not sure.

Funny you should say that. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2224626119

Currently its a bit buggy but they are working on remaking it for the newest build.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope after Animals and NPCs are added, they will do a big base management update. Maybe in Build 44. Building facilities for multiple survivors just isn't super easy in the current state of vanilla. This isn't really an issue unless you are playing MP or with Super Survivors (either way mods probably fix the problem:P), but will probably become an annoyance in the near future. New general build items and decorations would be welcomed. But I think workstations, crafting benches, and base defenses need to be added before we really can explore Factions and Group Management effectively. QoL base features like drip irrigation, and moveable garage doors (with enough metalworking and electrical) would be awesome if they stayed balanced!