Why guns?

elenhil

I'm intrigued that there is often talk about guns (aiming, attachments, gear etc) in Thursoids. I was under the impression that playing with guns is tantamount to suicide (well, not in THAT sense) cause they draw zedz something terrible, making firearms a big no-no. Is there something I'm missing here? 

Guns can have other uses like herding zombies from a location, killing spree with the shotgun is easy to get several kills, which helps reduce panic over time "the more kills the less panic", U can clear in rural areas where there is not much zombies and have fun. They will be useful in multiplayer, hunting and if u r young u may see them with NPCS eventually. 

Tbh i use guns to attract the zombies around my base and kill them afterwards with an axe or katana. That way im relative safe when the helicopter comes.

Good thing about guns is that the sound radius is bigger than shouting and not as massive like a siren.

There are also some guns which have a rly small sound-radius like the M36. Using that u won't attract the whole neibourhood while shooting.

Guns are great for emergencies.       For example I was recently in the Muldraugh police station when zeds came from two directions.    Shotgun cleared me a quick exit and then I just left the area quickly.       In apocalypse mode you can't bash your way out as easily.       If you have very high skill a pistol might work.     But yeah,  I think guns are more for the future potential NPCs or multiplayer

• 2 weeks later...

They're looking forward to multi-player being finished so that they can kill other players and/or defend themselves for one. Otherwise, yeah, you have to know how and when to use them. It's not suicide if you're firing at a mass of zeds on the other side of a fence ffs. You also do need to work on the aiming skill - using a scope from a rooftop can be fun. If you're "going cleaning" w/ a shotgun you do have to plan for it - i.e. don't just walk into downtown w/ a box of shells and no plan. Generally, if you have a new character firing around you when you don't even know how many zeds are around w/ a handgun is probably suicide but that's also just stupid. 

• 2 weeks later...

As someone mentioned above the .38 caliber revolver is a nice emergency weapon.     It's noise rating is only 30   (a shotgun is over 200 iirc).       If you push down a zed you can pull your revolver and exectute him without attracting too much attention.    Works even at skill 0 if you aim at his head for 2 seconds.   Useful if you are really tired and melee isn't working well.       Since almost every bullet kills it's also a good way to train your skill if you find lots of .38 ammo.      The pistol whip knockdown seems less effective so I push them down with a melee weapon and then draw the gun.     

America!

No but it is the idea of them existing that matters. 

And it is good loot to find and bring back home. Better then a mmm. Lightbulb collection? 

But best of all it is a trap! And a way to make stuff interesting real fast.

Without them in multiplayer to much friendliness would exist. I mean can you outrun bullet?

The ultimate goal of a survival game is to relies that the biggest fear and enemy is OUTHERS survivors.

The Walking Dead turned deadly booooring ones Z's was less of a worry. I quit watching around the Prison and that little city thing.

But playing a game around that is a hole other matter. 

Go check DayZ mod.  The Zombies there are a joke. At best they are glitchy and at worst gives your position away by glitching next to your hiding place.

Still the best multiplayer only game I know. (that being a mod of all things)  TF2 you can play with bots. :)

The fact that you can be shot on sight is the "point" of guns. And if they are fired you play agents the Zombies hoards coming your way! Something that DayZ lacks. But 2.5D solves allot of problem by enabling ALLOT of Zombies to work without being a glitchy mess. Only reason not to fire guns in DayZ was if you did not want to attract more players towards you. Otherwise you basically killed other players for there loot.  Projectzomboid can make proper standoffs happen when 2 players meet but can not fire there guns. Since if they do the Z's will come after them. And there are more reason to want look in PZ vs DayZ. 

Cars and base building is just as important as guns. Well at least for multiplayer. And it is fun to mess with guns so something happens in single player. 

Turn off respawn and you can remove some Z's from areas too. 

Archived