Items disappearing from inventory

seishun

In the latest version I have a problem with disappearing Welding Masks. I had three, so thought it's more than I will ever need.

However, one of them was nowhere to be found at one point. OK, I thought – probably it was knocked off by a zombie in a scuffle and I didn't notice it.

But the second one I took disappeared like 20 minutes (real world time) after while being worn, and I was just walking around dismantling stuff, when suddenly it was gone. I didn't lose it or remove it, and it's nowhere to be found.

Same problem was present in other beta versions with the Lighters – I was running around with a Molotov in one hand and a Lighter in another, and suddenly there is no lighter anymore. I could go through 3-4 lighters before I was able to gather a horde and chuck a molotov at them. Had to switch to equipping it at the last moment, to ensure it won't be lost.

Playing on macOS Catalina, Steam version.

When equipped, the lighter is automatically "on" and is using it's fuel. Once it runs out of fuel it disappears from char's inventory. To avoid this, either unequip the lighter or RMC > "turn off".

Regarding Welder mask, any mods? Did your char trip and fall anywhere? Is it not in any nearby containers or bags?

• 2 weeks later...

I would understand if that lighter issue happened over some time, but it's literally me equipping it and trying to get a better angle at the horde (that takes maybe a half a minute of real time) and the ligher is already gone. Were they supposed to go out this fast? (but in any case, this relates to an older build).

As for the welder mask issue, I was thinking the same when the first one disappeared – that I've probably tripped accidentally. The second one was on me all the time, I was steadily going through empty houses dismantling stuff, and I didn't even run or encounter any zombies. It was there and then suddenly not.

9 hours ago, seishun said:

I would understand if that lighter issue happened over some time, but it's literally me equipping it and trying to get a better angle at the horde (that takes maybe a half a minute of real time) and the ligher is already gone. Were they supposed to go out this fast? (but in any case, this relates to an older build).

As for the welder mask issue, I was thinking the same when the first one disappeared – that I've probably tripped accidentally. The second one was on me all the time, I was steadily going through empty houses dismantling stuff, and I didn't even run or encounter any zombies. It was there and then suddenly not.

Some lighters have more fuel than others. Could it be that you've had a nearly empty one? Any mods?