What if an actual zombie apocalypse happened?

ItsJustAPerson

I'm extremely curious as to the various responses this will receive. What do you guys think would cause a zombie apocalypse in the real world, how would the zombies behave and how would you survive? This is always a topic I always like discussing with friends because almost no two answers are the exact same!

I have supplies, although I was more inclined to the economic crisis. During the zombie apocalypse, my gold is unnecessary.
You definitely need to leave large metropolises - then both the living and the dead are a threat. I have a black powder revolver (6-chamber magazine) and a lot of melee weapons - but you have to remember one thing. Piercing a human skull (especially a fresh zombie) is not easy. The skull is very tough and you can't stab it with a knife as easily as in The walking dead series. My friend has a house in the countryside, we built a vegetable irrigation system there, and we dug a deep well. My biggest problem is that my daughter and her mother live in a different city. I watched all the zombie movies and series, and read philosophical studies on what a zombie could be. The only zombies that impress me are zombies in Hypixel Skyblock ^^ I rather prefer to collect items and coins, this is fun for me I played all the games, bought gear, bought gold - I hope this knowledge will be useful to me

Resized_20201109_073827.jpeg

Find docked large cruise ship or cargo ship. If you raise/remove moat, no one can enter. Ship hull is tall and thick metal, surrounder by water. Zombies trying to aproach would fall into water and water currents would drift them away. Large ships have massive reserves of fuel and generators, you would have electricity and heat for a very long time. Quite often large ships have their own water desalination system, sick bay, gym, kitchen, comunications/radio etc. You could put solar panels on deck, grow plants near large windows. I think living in a large ship would be pretty good option.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, ItsJustAPerson said:

I'm extremely curious as to the various responses this will receive. What do you guys think would cause a zombie apocalypse in the real world, how would the zombies behave and how would you survive? This is always a topic I always like discussing with friends because almost no two answers are the exact same!

I think the zombies would behave as they would in the walking dead, where they are basically meat shields that are unstoppable except to a headshot.

If a zombie outbreak occurred in a different country but was going to shit there and was spreading quickly: I would go a stockpile seeds from the closest Bunnings warehouse(I am Australian, its basically a hardware store with some random stuff like seeds, plants and outdoor furniture) and get the basic tools I would need since most people won't have started panic buying yet(hopefully). After that I would go to any nearby small town away from any city and start preparing like stockpiling food, growing food, get solar panels, get defences(fences), get extra tools and I would be set if the plan goes well.

BUT

If a zombie outbreak occurred in my country(Australia): Welp, I guess I have to do my plan but 10 times more quicker, I would go for Bunnings once again but rushed edition and go get the tools I need + seeds, then go far from any major town/city far away as much as I can then barricade up at a secure building(a building with limited windows and multiple exits) and see if I can get food from the nearby town depending on how far into the apocalypse its been.

All this above is all assuming I start with nothing, but in my current state as of 8/01/2021 at 6:30pm where I have access to tools, live in a small town with solar power and a bit of seeds, I think I would survive pretty well until a bandit came 

• 4 weeks later...

If it would be an apocalypse, that would mean that the zombies would be unstoppable. If the armies cannot control the situation, then what chance to we have? They would either be mutating to be basically unkillable or if everyone gets the virus airborne and turns except for certain immune people (like left 4 dead).

• 1 month later...

I think it would be over fast. Organisms need energy to run so the zombies(being organisms that expend energy to move and function) would be forced to search for food and water or die. If they don't the zombie population would fall dramatically and leave the lucky people who survived the initial outbreak with a clean up job. Those who are able to survive for over a month would probably be fine, only needing to deal with a few of the infected survivors who were infected more recently. 

Most survivors would be in holed off communities like on islands or in isolated towns. With a few of them having escaped from the larger cities and population centers.

If the zombies DO search for food and water that would make things more complicated but it would still be over pretty fast. In that scenario i can see zombies cannibalizing each other to continue functioning or wandering into forests to find food. Large cities after the food is expended would see a rapid decrease in zombie population as they cannibalize eachother. Then anyone still alive can just clean up the few infected still roaming around.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 4:28 AM, Llolpros said:

I think it would be over fast. Organisms need energy to run so the zombies(being organisms that expend energy to move and function) would be forced to search for food and water or die. If they don't the zombie population would fall dramatically and leave the lucky people who survived the initial outbreak with a clean up job. Those who are able to survive for over a month would probably be fine, only needing to deal with a few of the infected survivors who were infected more recently. 

Most survivors would be in holed off communities like on islands or in isolated towns. With a few of them having escaped from the larger cities and population centers.

If the zombies DO search for food and water that would make things more complicated but it would still be over pretty fast. In that scenario i can see zombies cannibalizing each other to continue functioning or wandering into forests to find food. Large cities after the food is expended would see a rapid decrease in zombie population as they cannibalize eachother. Then anyone still alive can just clean up the few infected still roaming around.

Human body needs about 50 grams of protein every day to function normally, more if you exercise a lot. If you are not getting enough protein, not only your muscles will stop growing, but catabolysis can happen - where body breaks down its own muscle tissue to get protein and stay alive. I imagine zombies could have a more severe version of it, aggressively breaking down  its own body to feed remaining cells and stay active for as long as possible.

I think infected people in movies like "World war z" or "i am legend" make more sense in term of survival, because they are active hunters, tho technically they are not zombies.

Fair point. Though despite having a hunting behavior most would not get any food. Unless they resorted to cannibalism, eating regular food, or wandering into forests to scavenge and hunt for wildlife. but many would still starve and die to the elements, wounds, or each other (if they did resort to cannibalism).

Places like New York would probably see a rapid decrease in zombie population after only a few weeks meaning lucky survivors stranded in their apartments would only need to scavenge food from surrounding apartments for a short while until the population had decreased to a safe level for exploration or escape.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well for gamers like me, it has been a long time coming. I have waited a long time for this one and I would say that there is no way that i am gonna miss this part because this is what years of gaming and tactical minds have been done for. This is my time to shine at my life.

Archived