Death a more intense experience

Charlypizza

*When dying to a group of zombies the character could lose pieces of skin just like the zombies.

*When infected with zombi virus, last stage will make the skin pale and the character will puke blood (puke animation needed).

Skin Pale effect could be also use when:

-Having less than 30% hp.

-Having fever caused by infected wound (please bring back fever).

-Food Poisoning character will puke some green vomit. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 6.33.17 PM.png

I think more can be added to this. For example, when the character is bitten in the neck, the blood spurting animation can be nice until he puts on a bandage (not only the neck, but also the animation of blood drip when bitten from the hand). Shot animations designed for multiplayer (character shooting at character, hitting with any item) should be brought in for NPC modes designed for single player. Smashed zombies without arms and without legs and who have seen much more brutality (very bloody models) I think should also be brought in zombie models. When the character is infected (not only zombie infection but any infection and disease), as the infection level progresses, the character's eye bleeding, coughing, dizziness, not being able to walk properly and even crawling animation should be introduced. Probably the project zomboid team has already thought of these, but if they are removed, that is, if they are done quickly and added, I think it will add a nice atmosphere to the game. I almost forgot, committing suicide should definitely come. And it should not be like in the mods, even if you commit suicide, there should not be a transformation event, the probability of turning into a zombie when you commit suicide should be 0

3 hours ago, Yanaremir said:

I think more can be added to this. For example, when the character is bitten in the neck, the blood spurting animation can be nice until he puts on a bandage (not only the neck, but also the animation of blood drip when bitten from the hand). Shot animations designed for multiplayer (character shooting at character, hitting with any item) should be brought in for NPC modes designed for single player. Smashed zombies without arms and without legs and who have seen much more brutality (very bloody models) I think should also be brought in zombie models. When the character is infected (not only zombie infection but any infection and disease), as the infection level progresses, the character's eye bleeding, coughing, dizziness, not being able to walk properly and even crawling animation should be introduced. Probably the project zomboid team has already thought of these, but if they are removed, that is, if they are done quickly and added, I think it will add a nice atmosphere to the game. I almost forgot, committing suicide should definitely come. And it should not be like in the mods, even if you commit suicide, there should not be a transformation event, the probability of turning into a zombie when you commit suicide should be 0

I agree with u, the only problem is suicide cuz is such a hard topic and could make the game have problems with the age ratting unfortunately only that will have to come with mod not officially on the game. 

1 hour ago, Charlypizza said:

I agree with u, the only problem is suicide cuz is such a hard topic and could make the game have problems with the age ratting unfortunately only that will have to come with mod not officially on the game. 

was this stated by them?... cause that is pretty silly considering we can drink bleach and kill ourselves that way...

Edited by OxManZomboid

10 hours ago, OxManZomboid said:

was this stated by them?... cause that is pretty silly considering we can drink bleach and kill ourselves that way...

Yeah man but is not the same as taking a shotgun and blow your head, there has to be some sensitivity limit on the matter.

1 minute ago, Charlypizza said:

Yeah man but is not the same as taking a shotgun and blow your head, there has to be some sensitivity limit on the matter.

Come on man don't be ridiculous lol

Bleach is a much more painful and violent way to go bar non in like 99.9999%, it is basically drinking acid...

I mean, if indie stone confirmed this in a post then sure whatever, who knows why they really would avoid it (ESRB, personal reasons ect) but just as a topic of contention/discussion about violence like this in games. 

'Realistically' the point about drawing the line with a gun is basically complete nonsense. To illustrate that point,  I can't even think of a movie where a character drinks bleach to commit suicide, but we all know there are plenty of movies where a character or even the main character kills themselves with guns though. and I would say that isn't by accident, because while at large the numbers of people drinking bleach are certainly less than handguns, it is still certainly common enough for sure that exclusion from movies and tv probably has at least something to do with the fringe subject matter.

In this game I'll give you that you might not see the violence animated with the bleach, but I would say if that was an issue then just have the character aim the gun and then fade to black before hearing the shot. problem solved.

But yeah can't say for sure I get that rational you have given. 

Anyway I wrote a bit here but to be clear, this really isn't a "make or break" feature for me personally, I am just bored and felt like sharing some thoughts on the subject. I also think having these doom and gloom moments adds to the atmosphere of the game quite a bit.

12 hours ago, OxManZomboid said:

In this game I'll give you that you might not see the violence animated with the bleach, but I would say if that was an issue then just have the character aim the gun and then fade to black before hearing the shot. problem solved.

I think this is the best option, i don't like my character becoming a zombies, but there is no human way to kill the character so he doesn't become a zombie, hope they can put this at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's a shortlist of animations still needed in B41, and puking is definitely one I didn't know I needed until now.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:13 AM, Yanaremir said:

You had me in the first half. I like the idea of visual cues that signify injuries. We already have the Moodle and some auditory cues, but you can't tell where you got injured until you bring up the Health menu. A simple blood drip on the afflicted body part would work well for this. Blood could flow at different speeds depending on Scratch/Laceration/Bite too. I think missing limbs would be cool too, but they will probably add amputation at some point so I'll just wait for then. All that other stuff just seems like too much to add without much gameplay value when they could sink more of their precious time into NPCs, Animals, Louisville, and New/Overhauled Game Mechanics.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:49 AM, EnigmaGrey said:

Rather like the idea of the player missing bits of flesh, now that the zombies have the option. 

Almost seems like wasted potential if they don't use an already implemented feature somewhere else lol