Wall Objects on east Wall dont get removed when 'picked up'

TheCommander

Observed Behavior of Issue:

• If you attempt to 'pick up' any custom made wall object from any east wall (south facing), it will put the item in the players inventory but fail to remove the object visually (ie still on wall). Seems this only affects objects placed via the editor.
  • You can repeat this on an east wall and end up with multiple copies of the same object.
  • If you replace the same object from your inventory onto an east wall, it then works fine removing and placing it like any other wall object!
  • This does not occur for west (east facing) or corner walls
  • This does not occur for vanilla wall objects such as existing painting
  • This does not occur for custom made double tile objects

At first I thought it might have been an error on my part with the editor tools, but after alot of testing a double checking this seems to be an ingame bug. As you can see from the pre and after pickup screenshots, I have picked up all 3 posters, but the east wall poster is still visible on the wall even though I have 2 of them in my inventory

bug01.PNG

bug02.PNG

Edited by TheCommander
typo fix

Not specifically as this issue is expected behavior not working (ie poster coming off the wall when doing a pickup on east walls), where as the signs over smashed windows has always been a thing given the game treats the window and wallfurniture layers separate.

I don't want to talk on behalf of the devs on your topic, but it looks like a case of adding code that removes (destroys?) any wall furniture over the window when smashed.

Edited by TheCommander